The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgie_5
I’ve applied to Plymouth with and without the foundation year. I haven’t heard back yet. Have you?

Same here and no I haven’t! I have very low AS level results and even though I’m doing an access course right now I doubt I will get accepted straight on to the degree. I wonder how many people they accept for the foundation....Can I ask what credentials you’re applying with? X
Original post by ira.m
I have high predicted grades and hopefully i get those, i got rejected from portsmouth for DH&T and i did get offered for dental nursing however im rejecting because i would rather just take a year off and get relevant work experience and do my own thing especially with the whole corona virus situation. Also dental nursing is something thats not for me as i really just want to DH&T.

Fair enough xx hope you will get in this year , good luck with other Unis fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 382
Original post by Verusija
Fair enough xx hope you will get in this year , good luck with other Unis fingers crossed 🤞

i hope your interview goes well!! what other unis did you apply to?
keep me updated i would like to know :smile:
and also good luck to you too, we got this!
Original post by ira.m
I have high predicted grades and hopefully i get those, i got rejected from portsmouth for DH&T and i did get offered for dental nursing however im rejecting because i would rather just take a year off and get relevant work experience and do my own thing especially with the whole corona virus situation. Also dental nursing is something thats not for me as i really just want to DH&T.

Did they tell you why you got rejected?:-) x
Original post by Samiranadi
Same here and no I haven’t! I have very low AS level results and even though I’m doing an access course right now I doubt I will get accepted straight on to the degree. I wonder how many people they accept for the foundation....Can I ask what credentials you’re applying with? X

I’m applying with GCSEs, qualified dental nurse and I’m doing an access course! I’m not sure how many they accept for the foundation year x
Original post by ira.m
i hope your interview goes well!! what other unis did you apply to?
keep me updated i would like to know :smile:
and also good luck to you too, we got this!

Thank you 😊 I'm bit nervous ,will keep you updated xI am yet to hear anything from Essex it's my last uni to hear from ,as I only applied to Portsmouth and Essex xx How many Unis have you got left to hear from ? Any interviews ? :smile:
You are not alone x I am yet to hear anything from Essex and applied in October .I phoned them and emailed them but all they said ,admin has looked at it but the decision on my application hasn't been made yet .They are very busy this year and probably leaving maybe pile the last but that's my assumption...Last year I applied and been rejected really quick straight after deadline x So being a dental nurse I think you in better position than me too as I just done some shadowing and Access course x I am 31.

Thank you for reply. It make me feel better knowing there are other people waiting for their decision. Fingers crossed you will get place this year x
Original post by Monika-Essex
Thank you for reply. It make me feel better knowing there are other people waiting for their decision. Fingers crossed you will get place this year x

Hope you will get some good news soon xx fingers crossed for us all 🤞
hi! don’t worry too much i’m in the same situation. I’ve got only 6 GCSES grade A-C, i’ve completed and online dental course however I too have no experience. I have received an interview for teesside which i received in December and Portsmouth which I received yesterday!Good Luck!!
Reply 389
Original post by Eclarke21
Did they tell you why you got rejected?:-) x

Because of no work experience. But I couldn’t get any because of corona. It’s a sucky reason tbh but hey that uni is very competitive :/. It wasn’t my first choice anyway aha
Reply 390
Thank you 😊 I'm bit nervous ,will keep you updated xI am yet to hear anything from Essex it's my last uni to hear from ,as I only applied to Portsmouth and Essex xx How many Unis have you got left to hear from ? Any interviews ? :smile:

I applied through ucas, I already got a rejection from Portsmouth and I only have 4 left: Newcastle, Leeds, Kings and Plymouth.
Original post by ira.m
I applied through ucas, I already got a rejection from Portsmouth and I only have 4 left: Newcastle, Leeds, Kings and Plymouth.

I thought you got rejected from all of them?
I guess i thought wrong, i’m still waiting on Plymouth too
Reply 392
Original post by karen.eveloa1233
I thought you got rejected from all of them?
I guess i thought wrong, i’m still waiting on Plymouth too

No I only said Portsmouth :smile:
Original post by ira.m

Good luck with remaining 4 xx
Ive had an interview portsmouth university and teesside just waiting on a reply the wait is killing me. Currently in a dental nursing apprenticeship.
Has anyone else applied at Cardiff?
Has anyone else applied at Cardiff?

I’ve applied to Cardiff
Original post by georgie_5
I’ve applied to Cardiff

Have you heard back yet?
Anyone heard back from Newcastle?
Have you heard back yet?

No I haven’t, don’t think we’ll hear until after the ucas deadline

Latest