The Student Room Group

Accounting degree

When i search for an accounting degree on university websites they only show an option for a degree in Accounting AND Finance. Is there such thing as a degree in only accounting without the finance? Also what is the best or only way to become an accounant?
Reply 1
Original post by ibr82
When i search for an accounting degree on university websites they only show an option for a degree in Accounting AND Finance. Is there such thing as a degree in only accounting without the finance? Also what is the best or only way to become an accounant?

There are many ways to become an accountant. There are degrees in Accounting - the difference to A+F courses can be non existent, and in some other cases the courses are less numerate. I wouldn't get strung up on the name.
Original post by ibr82

Hi @ibr82

Here at the University of Hull, we offer BSc Accounting.

Our course is accredited by the main accounting boards and has significant exemptions from professional exams.

Our entry requirements are 112 UCAS Points.
Applicants should also have GCSE Maths at Grade 4 or C, or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths.

There is also the option to study our course with a placement year, or with a year abroad

Most of our graduates aim to become chartered accountants. but there is a range of employment possibilities open to you.

Further details about our Accounting course can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/accounting-bsc-hons?d=2021&var=standard

Hope this helps,

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Original post by ibr82

bro in many unis there are courses specific to accounting like in uni of stratcyle however in many sites like the complete uni guide they categorise accounting courses as accounting and finance and in that categorisation many degrees may come into picture like accounting and management or accounting finance and management or smthg...I suggest u go on uni sites and see what degree they're providing and make ur decision based on that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending