The Student Room Group

Should I go into school tomorrow?

I have a bad cold, I feel awful and ive stayed off today if I feel like this tomorrow I feel like going in will be pointless as I won't be able to focus on my work also I don't wanna go in right now because of people thinking it is ****** when its not, also I feel bad spreading my germs! ill be able to catch up and do coursework at home im a good kid so I won't get win trouble its just I hate taking time off im not sure why but I do, should I stay off?
Reply 1
I'd stay home because all the schools panic at the smallest bit of sniffles at the moment so you don't want to be causing anyone unnecessary anxiety. There may be pupils who are scared of catching Corona and seeing you cough might make them worry even more that there's a case near them
Original post by Moana92
I'd stay home because all the schools panic at the smallest bit of sniffles at the moment so you don't want to be causing anyone unnecessary anxiety. There may be pupils who are scared of catching Corona and seeing you cough might make them worry even more that there's a case near them

Thats what I was thinking I don't wanna cause anxiety and im at that point of a cold where you start to cough as well so it won't be nice going in! Also a kid in another year to me has tested positive and the whole year has to self isolate so id imagine my school is on high alert with everyone right now.
stay at home. save lives.
Yeah, I'd say stay home too. It'll be easier for you to take care of yourself and probably less stressful for other people at school as well.
If you can still get things done, then there's no reason not to.
I'm in the same exact position as you: got a sore throat and a runny nose, essentially a cold (it's very common at the beginning of the school year as you're being exposed to a lot more people again: in fact I saw another user on TSR earlier today saying they had a cold too, so it's not just us two). I took the day off today, so if you're still unwell tomorrow then I'd advise you stay home too, even if it isn't Covid. It's perfectly fine to take time off if you genuinely need it, and it's probably best that you do for both your own sake and your classmates'.

Get well soon.
Original post by killjoytrxs
Yeah, I'd say stay home too. It'll be easier for you to take care of yourself and probably less stressful for other people at school as well.
If you can still get things done, then there's no reason not to.

Yeah I feel like tomorrow can be more of a get work done and get over the last bit of my cold day, feel like that's what ill do. Also I really don't wanna cause stress for people right now!
Reply 7
Stay home. It sounds like you dont mind doing your work at home so theres no reason not to take precautions.
Original post by Kaps Lock
I'm in the same exact position as you: got a sore throat and a runny nose, essentially a cold (it's very common at the beginning of the school year as you're being exposed to a lot more people again: in fact I saw another user on TSR earlier today saying they had a cold too, so it's not just us two). I took the day off today, so if you're still unwell tomorrow then I'd advise you stay home too, even if it isn't Covid. It's perfectly fine to take time off if you genuinely need it, and it's probably best that you do for both your own sake and your classmates'.

Get well soon.

Hope you get well soon too!

I think I should take the Time off I dont wanna spread this and have the whole year off with my cold and I feel like it would be good to have a day tomorrow of just doing my work in a more chilled out environment where I won't feel as gross!
Reply 9
No ones going to thank anyone, in the current climate, for going in when they have any obvious symptoms of respiratory tract infection. Without any of the big three symptoms of covid and when you feel well enough that it’s not obvious its time to go back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending