The Student Room Group

Has anyone tried kalms?

I’m going to try them for my driving test (cause I get nervous) I am going to try them a few days before my test to make sure they don’t make me too sleepy but if anyone has tried them please tell me how good they are? (I got the one a day lavender ones)
You generally need to start taking them a few weeks before the test, haven't taken them myself
Reply 2
My test is this Friday I don’t have enough time:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
My test is this Friday I don’t have enough time:frown:

First test?
Reply 4
My 3rd, both other times I’ve failed due to nervousness mistakes. If I fail this one there’s no more tests until next March where I’m from and I’ve already been driving for over 2 years so I’m keen to pass
My 3rd, both other times I’ve failed due to nervousness mistakes. If I fail this one there’s no more tests until next March where I’m from and I’ve already been driving for over 2 years so I’m keen to pass

Ah I remember that feeling. That was me before. You have to try to zone out from being in a 'test'
Like when you have to sing in front of an audience, you are nervous as hell, but as you start yoy forget people are around you. That applies for driving, you get in the zone and then you'll drive like you normally do. Practice in your next lesson.
Reply 6
That’s such a good way to look at it, I tend to focus so much on the fact someone is observing my every move but I guess I should try act like there’s no one there or that it’s just my lovely driving instructor haha. Thanks
I’m going to try them for my driving test (cause I get nervous) I am going to try them a few days before my test to make sure they don’t make me too sleepy but if anyone has tried them please tell me how good they are? (I got the one a day lavender ones)

I suggest a reiki treatment if you can get an appointment at short notice or know a friend who practices reiki it is wonderful for making you feel calm. I am a reiki master and I could send you distance healing to calm your nerves but I would need some details from you
Original post by Julesandjasmine
I suggest a reiki treatment if you can get an appointment at short notice or know a friend who practices reiki it is wonderful for making you feel calm. I am a reiki master and I could send you distance healing to calm your nerves but I would need some details from you

What is Reiki treatment? What does it entail? What are its costs? What are its side effects? How many people have had this treatment successfully that you know of seeing as you are a Master?
Reiki is the Japanese art of hands on healing. However not everyone likes to be touched which is just as well because it works even when the reiki practitioner hold their hands above someone. You wouldn't have to do anything. If you went for a treatment then you would be asked to lie down on the therapy table. No one ever removes their clothes and the private parts remain untouched. If you went for a reiki treatment it costs about £20 an hour. But I am offering to send you distance healing for free. If you went for a treatment the practitioner will stand and draw a symbol in the air and quietly say a few words. Then they will put their hands on or above your head for several minutes. You will feel yourself start to relax. Then the hands are gently put over your closed eyes for a while. After that the hands are moved to the side of your eyes then underneath your chin. And so it goes on you won't be aware of any of this because you will be so deeply relaxed and will probably fall asleep. You will feel warmth coming from the practitioners hands. You may see different colours behind your eyes this is nothing to worry about. You may feel thirsty during and after treatment and you will be told to drink water afterwards. I can't say how many people in the UK have had this treatment but it must be millions. There are no unpleasant side effects.
Reiki is the Japanese art of hands on healing. However not everyone likes to be touched which is just as well because it works even when the reiki practitioner hold their hands above someone. You wouldn't have to do anything. If you went for a treatment then you would be asked to lie down on the therapy table. No one ever removes their clothes and the private parts remain untouched. If you went for a reiki treatment it costs about £20 an hour. But I am offering to send you distance healing for free. If you went for a treatment the practitioner will stand and draw a symbol in the air and quietly say a few words. Then they will put their hands on or above your head for several minutes. You will feel yourself start to relax. Then the hands are gently put over your closed eyes for a while. After that the hands are moved to the side of your eyes then underneath your chin. And so it goes on you won't be aware of any of this because you will be so deeply relaxed and will probably fall asleep. You will feel warmth coming from the practitioners hands. You may see different colours behind your eyes this is nothing to worry about. You may feel thirsty during and after treatment and you will be told to drink water afterwards. I can't say how many people in the UK have had this treatment but it must be millions. There are no unpleasant side effects.

I don't have a driving test but maybe OP might be interested

They don't do much for me. I have tried them both for sleep and for anxiety.

Unfortunately no where near me offers this and it’s such short notice but if I don’t pass I’ll definitely look into it thank u!
Original post by black tea
They don't do much for me. I have tried them both for sleep and for anxiety.

Oh that’s disappointing:frown:
ive tried them and i think they work, i usually have two after drinking heavy lol.
I used to have 1 before an exam but never on driving test tho. idk how much is placebo tbh although i feel like they do something.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by anon3251111
idk how much is placebo tbh

All of it.
Unfortunately no where near me offers this and it’s such short notice but if I don’t pass I’ll definitely look into it thank u!

You are very welcome and good luck
Original post by anon3251111
ive tried them and i think they work, i usually have two after drinking heavy lol.
I used to have 1 before an exam but never on driving test tho. idk how much is placebo tbh although i feel like they do something.

Oh okay that’s good! Hahah yeah probably is but as long as it makes me more calm I don’t mind haha
Kalms a placebo

Quick Reply

Latest