The Student Room Group

Help, how do I respond to this text?

OK I've been speaking to this guy for about 9 months. He lives in the US, I'm in the UK. We are both in our 20s. We both found that we have feelings for one another, we decided to not do anything about it because we didn't want to go long distance. So to get over each other we stopped talking for 2 weeks. Today we started started talking again for the first time in two weeks. This is what he says to me in the middle of a comvo.

"I ended up telling my friends about you. Everyone was optimistic, and some even proposed that I would move to another country. So, I'm starting to entertain the idea that I would come check out the town of Reading next summer. What do you think?"

I dont want him to do all this, its made me panic a little inside. I wouldnt mind meeting him, I really like him but he is encouraging this whole thing again. Plus, its just rushing into things, I never even thought about him coming to see me. Its just made me very nervous and anxious that he's thinking this seriously. I want to say no in the nicest way.

Honestly I don't want to hurt him, he's told his friends now and anything I say will get back to them now too. Help, I feel really helpless right now.

How do I say no, but without hurting him or ... i dunno.
Reply 1
Mon, Sep 21 07:11 PM

Its a nice idea, but I thought we weren't going to do anything about this. Isn't that what we decided? Like isn't it just encouraging the idea of going long distance?

We haven't spoken to each other properly yet either, I feel its too early to make plans about things like this or to think this seriously

Your friends sound very cool BTW lol

This was my response...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending