The Student Room Group
hey, I'm interested in this career too... sorry that no ones replied but I'm quite happy that this is a recent question as all the other questions about embryology are about 5 years old or older:frown:

however an embryologist and a clinical scientist (embryology) are actually the same thing! I guess they just mixed embryology and scientist together to make "embryologist" lol

according to a few websites, embryologists:

determine patients' fertility levels
speak to patients about specific fertility treatment options
research infertility solutions with other medical, nursing and counselling staff
use assisted reproductive technologies (ART) to help with infertility
collect eggs and sperm (gametes) from patients for processing
test the suitability of each gamete
prepare gametes and the environment for IVF and facilitate fertilisation
maintain the viability of gametes, tissues and embryos during processing
select embryos for transfer to recipient women, research or other intended use and implant embryos into patients' reproductive organs
monitor embryo development
monitor and maintain cryobanks, and preserve gametes and embryos for future use
comply with quality control, ethical issues and regulations surrounding gamete and embryo handling
maintain and care for equipment
keep accurate and detailed patient records.

as a clinical scientist in embryology, you're pretty much working in a lab most of the time!

I'm in year 12 right now and I'm hoping to gain a biomedical science degree as a first step to becoming an embryologist myself! (I take biology, geography and psychology as A-levels)

if you want to discuss anything please reply and ill be happy to talk:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Is there any difference between embryologist and clinical embryologist? Please answer this in one shot.... 😂2nd _ what subjects(anatomy/zoology) I've to take to do b.s.c in India. And for m. S. C also? Please answer me in detailed. Please I'm in 12th so i dunno anything bout it. 3rd _ if I'll do phd in embryologist so can i be tagged as a doctor?
Reply 3
Original post by pokoloco123
hey, I'm interested in this career too... sorry that no ones replied but I'm quite happy that this is a recent question as all the other questions about embryology are about 5 years old or older:frown:

however an embryologist and a clinical scientist (embryology) are actually the same thing! I guess they just mixed embryology and scientist together to make "embryologist" lol

according to a few websites, embryologists:

determine patients' fertility levels
speak to patients about specific fertility treatment options
research infertility solutions with other medical, nursing and counselling staff
use assisted reproductive technologies (ART) to help with infertility
collect eggs and sperm (gametes) from patients for processing
test the suitability of each gamete
prepare gametes and the environment for IVF and facilitate fertilisation
maintain the viability of gametes, tissues and embryos during processing
select embryos for transfer to recipient women, research or other intended use and implant embryos into patients' reproductive organs
monitor embryo development
monitor and maintain cryobanks, and preserve gametes and embryos for future use
comply with quality control, ethical issues and regulations surrounding gamete and embryo handling
maintain and care for equipment
keep accurate and detailed patient records.

as a clinical scientist in embryology, you're pretty much working in a lab most of the time!

I'm in year 12 right now and I'm hoping to gain a biomedical science degree as a first step to becoming an embryologist myself! (I take biology, geography and psychology as A-levels)

if you want to discuss anything please reply and ill be happy to talk:smile:

Hi after you do a biomed degree do you know what the next step is to becoming a embryologist?

Latest