The Student Room Group

Second thoughts about starting University

I'm starting in Uni in two weeks and for the past 2 years I have been really excited. But in the past week, seeing students on the news who are stuck in their accomodation and the growing number of students testing positive for covid has really made me question whether it is the best thing to do... is it a waste of money because alot of teaching will be virtual and is it going to be best for my mental/physical health.... is anyone else having second thoughts?
Reply 1
Cancelling at this late stage may leave you with only poor options. Unless you have special personal circumstances, a gap year wth Covid all around isn't likely to be productve and may be a waste of a year's money.

I kind of favour the idea of transferring to a local university and living at home but that could be very hard to arrange. If yuor parents are old or ill they may be wary of having you around all year while circulating socially with other high-risk students and transmitting Covid to them.

It's going to be a matter of choosing the least bad option.
I am going into 2nd year and I do not know weather to go back, I start on the 5th but going to uni rn just feels dumb, Im thinking of emailing them asking if I can do it all from home because most of it is online anyway, I honestly dont know why they allowed students to go back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending