The Student Room Group

LNAT 2020/2021 cycle

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by noorulhuda12
Hi, I just appeared for my LNAT on the 3rd of October, after averaging at around 27 on the sample tests available on Pearson's website and around 29 on the Mock Papers available in the "The Ultimate Lnat Collection" guidance book, I was feeling fairly confident about my LNAT. While its extremely difficult to predict a solid average for this year due to the subjective nature of the exam, I did find the test easier than the sample tests online however still trickier than what I had initially expected. What do you guys reckon would be a rough estimate of this year's national average and what would universities consider to be a fairly competitive score?

Personally, I feel as if the average would be anywhere around 18.5-19.5, with offers from kings/ucl/lse (the universities I'm primarily applying to) to have an average acceptance score varying from 22-25/26.

I would love to hear the thoughts of everyone who's attempted the test this year!!

Hi! I honestly have no idea tbh. I was averaging around 29-32 on the official practice tests but I found the mc one much harder honestly super worried tbh. there's a lot of mixed feelings about the test some ppl r saying it was super hard and others super easy so honestly no idea haha
Since the averages have been increasing year on year, i would personally estimate the average to be in the very early 20s. I found the actual samples and texts to be much less complicated and uninteresting than others I had read, but obviously still difficult questions.
Original post by Snsjneekek
I did mine today. How hard did everyone find the essay questions?

My three options (im not sure if they would have been the same for everyone) were surprisingly simple and not very niche. I had actually read sample essays on 2/3 choices. did anyone else find this? especially in comparison to some of the sample questions available online
Do the unis take into account the average score for that year? Like would some of them alter their normal cut-off based on the year average
I have mine in a few days. I found Arbitio extremely hard, although after some practice I am getting scores of high teens- 21. So far that has been my highest. I got 6/42 on a test I took in July but having resat it managed to get 20. I am also finding the passages in the practice books (i.e those written by Ralph Waldo and Joshua Reynolds) difficult to answer at speed. I am getting some of the questions correct but feel like I have to read a passage about 10 times. I have never got to question 42 on Arbitio due to my appalling timing issues.
Does anyone know if the results will be delayed this year cause of the extended lnat deadlines?
Original post by Student639
Does anyone know if the results will be delayed this year cause of the extended lnat deadlines?

No, apparently if you took your LNAT before 20 January you will receive the results in February.
i had heard rumour the results are to come out today; good luck to all!
who else keeps manically refreshing their emails aha
Original post by Student62
who else keeps manically refreshing their emails aha

Me! Good luck, everyone! Results post on this thread?
Original post by MikeGilks
Me! Good luck, everyone! Results post on this thread?

Good luck to you too! And there's already a results thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6910652

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending