The Student Room Group

Outstanding debt

Hi! Has anyone ever been in the situation where SFE did not pay the tuition fees for one year and the University is not allowing re-registration for the next year? It's sort of a confusing and mixed up situation but here it is:
Due to a minor typo/mistake on an SFE application for Undergraduate Tuition Fees, the Foundation course that has been completed previously has been checked as Higher Education rather than Further Education. For that matter, SFE decided the student (not me, a course mate) is not eligible for tuition fees for FIRST year anymore since she already completed a degree, but however she still received Maintenance Loan for that year and received entitlement confirmation for this academic year (second year). However, for that reason (having debt from first year) the University is not agreeing for the student to re-register and they say the turnaround time for confirmation and correction of the mistake will take up to 45 working days which is a lot considering that this academic year already started.
I'm sorry if this is a lot to understand, but if there's anyone who's been in the same situation that could offer any kind of advice, as she's been on the phone for the past few weeks continuously and is quite desperate, any help would be amazing! Thank you!
Original post by andramaria
Hi! Has anyone ever been in the situation where SFE did not pay the tuition fees for one year and the University is not allowing re-registration for the next year? It's sort of a confusing and mixed up situation but here it is:
Due to a minor typo/mistake on an SFE application for Undergraduate Tuition Fees, the Foundation course that has been completed previously has been checked as Higher Education rather than Further Education. For that matter, SFE decided the student (not me, a course mate) is not eligible for tuition fees for FIRST year anymore since she already completed a degree, but however she still received Maintenance Loan for that year and received entitlement confirmation for this academic year (second year). However, for that reason (having debt from first year) the University is not agreeing for the student to re-register and they say the turnaround time for confirmation and correction of the mistake will take up to 45 working days which is a lot considering that this academic year already started.
I'm sorry if this is a lot to understand, but if there's anyone who's been in the same situation that could offer any kind of advice, as she's been on the phone for the past few weeks continuously and is quite desperate, any help would be amazing! Thank you!

Hi, if you have a debt with the university from the first year then I can understand their position. Have you now send in the required information to apply/be awarded the tuition fee loan from the first year?
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending