The Student Room Group

Repaying maintenance loan

Sorry I’ve made so many posts about this , I’m just stressed!! So I’m dropping out of uni and reapplying next year. When I drop out of university I will have to repay back my maintenance loan immediately as I’m no longer a student, however my university made me pay 2 months worth of rent before I am able to leave. This means that I have spent £1360. I do not work. My mum is on low income. I have no way of paying back £1360 immediately. Is there any way around this? Will they let me make a payment plan where I pay a small amount per week?
Original post by nicolegrace1207
Sorry I’ve made so many posts about this , I’m just stressed!! So I’m dropping out of uni and reapplying next year. When I drop out of university I will have to repay back my maintenance loan immediately as I’m no longer a student, however my university made me pay 2 months worth of rent before I am able to leave. This means that I have spent £1360. I do not work. My mum is on low income. I have no way of paying back £1360 immediately. Is there any way around this? Will they let me make a payment plan where I pay a small amount per week?

Yes.
I am glad you are dropping out. It makes much more sense.

You can ask for a discretionary payment as well, which might let you keep some of the money. Check with Isaac that wont prejudice you.
Ask SFE Issac on tghe SFE forum about how they sort this out.
I expect if you do a breakdown of incomings and out goings, they should be fine. You should also enquire if you pay it all back , if you can recover your sfe entitlement for this year.

It is a tough choice to make but in your case its a smart one and staying would have been a complete waste. If you get stuck, then you may DM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending