The Student Room Group

Gf too clingy

I discussed with her the matter but she was pretty defensive. I feel sometimes I need my personal space and alone time. What can I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I discussed with her the matter but she was pretty defensive. I feel sometimes I need my personal space and alone time. What can I do?

Also, she asks for cuddles/kisses all the time, sometimes I just want to chill but if I say no, then I would feel like an horrible person.
Reply 2
More context please.
Reply 3
Tell her you just need some space sometimes. It might upset her for a little while but the relationship will be better off in the whole if she knows it bothers you.
Reply 4
Original post by Ninaxx
More context please.

I am a pretty affectionate person but at the same time I have some personal boundaries, which she clearly does not have.
Reply 5
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Tell her you just need some space sometimes. It might upset her for a little while but the relationship will be better off in the whole if she knows it bothers you.

That's what I did and it did not end well. but thanks anyway.
Reply 6
That's what I did and it did not end well. but thanks anyway.

What happend?
Also, she asks for cuddles/kisses all the time, sometimes I just want to chill but if I say no, then I would feel like an horrible person.

Yeah, I would just be candid about how you feel, otherwise it might turn toxic. I did the same with my girl, she was constantly texting me non-stop when we first decided to date. So I eventually told her to stop! And she got upset and threatened to text other guys who will give her attention. But it is what it is, and she eventually calmed down.

Some girls are very lonely and insecure, so they cling onto what they fear they might lose, because of lack of self confidence. But you need to be straight up with her, regardless of the consequences.
Reply 8
What happend?

She said she was offended (via text) and then ignored my texts.
Reply 9
Original post by FromageFrais
Yeah, I would just be candid about how you feel, otherwise it might turn toxic. I did the same with my girl, she was constantly texting me non-stop when we first decided to date. So I eventually told her to stop! And she got upset and threatened to text other guys who will give her attention. But it is what it is, and she eventually calmed down.

Some girls are very lonely and insecure, so they cling onto what they fear they might lose, because of lack of self confidence. But you need to be straight up with her, regardless of the consequences.

yeah that may be well the case, thanks.
Reply 10
She said she was offended (via text) and then ignored my texts.

She should respect your personal space. She should also be mature enough to not flat out ignore you when you're talking about something she simply doesnt want to hear.
Next time tell her in person rather than over the phone and see how it goes. It can be hard to judge someone's tone over text, she could have mistaken it.
She should respect your personal space. She should also be mature enough to not flat out ignore you when you're talking about something she simply doesnt want to hear.
Next time tell her in person rather than over the phone and see how it goes. It can be hard to judge someone's tone over text, she could have mistaken it.

You could be right. I'll ask her if we can talk in person. Thank you for the advice!
She knew that saying she'd txt other dudes was a "threat" and so do you... well there's no hope here. U r done whether over this, or the next prob.
Reply 13
Original post by candydiva
She knew that saying she'd txt other dudes was a "threat" and so do you... well there's no hope here. U r done whether over this, or the next prob.

That was another user, not OP.
Sorry u r correct. Reading too fast.
It's your life, if she can't get over the fact that you need some personal space sometimes, she might not be the one.
Original post by candydiva

Yo, if you are going to message me, do it directly. And I didn't ask you for advice on my relationships. She ain't really my girl like that any more. We just have sex. Not that it has anything to do with you. About "there's no hope here". What do you know. You belong to the streets.
I don't want to msg u directly. U r not my type lol!

If u don't want to discuss the topic then y post on the internetz especially TSR...
Drama starts over the dumbest things sometimes...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending