The Student Room Group

Do you have to cancel an existing place for 2021 in order to apply again for 5 unis.

Ok so basically, I had a place for September 2020, which I ended up deferring due to the Coronavirus. I am considering reapplying, but in order to do so and submit a new application and personal statement to five unis (applying through UCAS) would I have to cancel and be released from my existing place?
Original post by askayoi
Ok so basically, I had a place for September 2020, which I ended up deferring due to the Coronavirus. I am considering reapplying, but in order to do so and submit a new application and personal statement to five unis (applying through UCAS) would I have to cancel and be released from my existing place?

Yes.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by askayoi

In a normal year, yes.

However, for this year only you can make a fresh UCAS application while still holding a deferred offer. Taken from the UCAS website:

If you decided to apply in 2020 for deferred entry and were successful, you can still reapply in 2021 without withdrawing your deferred place.

If you choose to do this, we will be in touch in early 2021 to check which application you would like to continue with.

Please note: This is only for applicants who are holding a deferred place due to start in 2021.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/when-apply/deferred-entry#:~:text=What%20is%20deferred%20entry%3F,your%20entry%20by%20one%20year.
Thanks @harrysbar.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to whoever shared the information!! I get my results Thursday and I want to start filling out the forms ready if I get my grades to get my firm choice (they decided to honour my place from last year if I get the grades I need)
All the best with reapplying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending