Do you have to cancel an existing place for 2021 in order to apply again for 5 unis.

Watch
askayoi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so basically, I had a place for September 2020, which I ended up deferring due to the Coronavirus. I am considering reapplying, but in order to do so and submit a new application and personal statement to five unis (applying through UCAS) would I have to cancel and be released from my existing place?
Blahhbruh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by askayoi)
Ok so basically, I had a place for September 2020, which I ended up deferring due to the Coronavirus. I am considering reapplying, but in order to do so and submit a new application and personal statement to five unis (applying through UCAS) would I have to cancel and be released from my existing place?
Yes.
Last edited by Blahhbruh; 1 month ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by askayoi)
In a normal year, yes.

However, for this year only you can make a fresh UCAS application while still holding a deferred offer. Taken from the UCAS website:

If you decided to apply in 2020 for deferred entry and were successful, you can still reapply in 2021 without withdrawing your deferred place.

If you choose to do this, we will be in touch in early 2021 to check which application you would like to continue with.

Please note: This is only for applicants who are holding a deferred place due to start in 2021.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...y%20one%20year.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks harrysbar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads