The Student Room Group

Stranmillis 2021 help (Northern Ireland)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DSED_2002
Hey, did u get two emails or just one? It told me I should have an email with a link to Microsoft teams but I can’t seem to find it and starting to panic lol

I got one saying dear applicant congrats and then another email with more info on what the presentation topic and all that jazz
Original post by Anonymous
I’m panicking that I haven’t head anything yet

They could be taking longer because of the extended deadline of UCAS apllicants too keep in mind :smile:
Reply 42
Does anyone know what letter they are on. I know they are doing it alphabetical

My friend who's second name starts with R heard on Monday so theres still plenty of letters to go!
Any tips on how the heck to practise for a 5 min presentation interview
😥😥😥
Reply 44
Original post by ablack6199
Any tips on how the heck to practise for a 5 min presentation interview
😥😥😥

I'm so nervous for it! Currently just trying to get all my ideas together to make the presentation, just a work in progress at the moment!

Good luck with your preparations!
Original post by Ajm333
I'm so nervous for it! Currently just trying to get all my ideas together to make the presentation, just a work in progress at the moment!

Good luck with your preparations!

Good luck to you too!

I have some makeshift notes it's just stressful trying to find time where I can form them into brief notes without going overboard on information.
Reply 46
Good luck to you too!

I have some makeshift notes it's just stressful trying to find time where I can form them into brief notes without going overboard on information.

I totally get that! I have so much work for A-levels as well, its difficult to find the time to properly spend on it.
Original post by Ajm333
I totally get that! I have so much work for A-levels as well, its difficult to find the time to properly spend on it.

Definitely!
Hi I’m not sure if u applied to st Mary’s or not although I just wanted to let u know I am also hoping to get to stran but I applied to st Mary’s as a backup as it doesn’t take up any of my ucas choices and it’s applied for directly through the college, I recieved an offer for John moores and I’m thinking of putting it as my insurance if I am to get an offer for stran but u also have until august to make a decision on st Mary’s so if u get to the end and think going away isn’t for u, then there is always that option xx
Original post by Kwhite545
Hi I’m not sure if u applied to st Mary’s or not although I just wanted to let u know I am also hoping to get to stran but I applied to st Mary’s as a backup as it doesn’t take up any of my ucas choices and it’s applied for directly through the college, I recieved an offer for John moores and I’m thinking of putting it as my insurance if I am to get an offer for stran but u also have until august to make a decision on st Mary’s so if u get to the end and think going away isn’t for u, then there is always that option xx

I haven't applied to st mary's as I don't think they have early years courses rather than full-on teaching as id rather be classroom assistant first then see if teaching stands out to me or not. Plus I used 3 of my 5 choices to be universities in England which they have accepted me which I'm grateful however Travel is the issue. I have applied for Stran and Omagh South West College both for same degree but omagh SWC has a foundation year included xx
How'd everyone find their interviews? :smile:
I thought it went okay apart from the first question maybe. How about you
How'd everyone find their interviews? :smile:

I thought mine went well - I know i certainly panicked before the interview but got through it :smile:
I thought it went okay apart from the first question maybe. How about you

Not too bad I think... just thought it was very short and I waffled a lot 😂
I thought mine went well - I know i certainly panicked before the interview but got through it :smile:

Aw that's great I hope it works out okay! When do you think we will hear back?
Aw that's great I hope it works out okay! When do you think we will hear back?

Thank you! I reckon we could hear from Stran by late March or April.
Not too bad I think... just thought it was very short and I waffled a lot 😂

I waffled too - I wouldn't worry as long as you kept to the time and answered the questions - you should be 100%, Well done! x
I waffled too - I wouldn't worry as long as you kept to the time and answered the questions - you should be 100%, Well done! x

So glad i found this chat - i applied for secondary education with religious studies and my interview presentation went great but the questions i feel i just waffled through. Hoping they dont keep us waiting too long
Original post by Steph_McCook
So glad i found this chat - i applied for secondary education with religious studies and my interview presentation went great but the questions i feel i just waffled through. Hoping they dont keep us waiting too long

Well done for doing the interview, I'm hoping they don't take too long for responses too!
Well done for doing the interview, I'm hoping they don't take too long for responses too

Hi, Sorry I know this is random and not Stran related but does anyone have any idea if we still get off school earlier (i.e. kind of like study leave) this year or will we have to attend school full term until the end of June? We are getting two sets of assessments before and after Easter but I don't know what we'll be taught until the end of June if that's the case aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending