I have good credit on Experian but terrible on ClearScore

Watch
Pixelfoof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I just wanted to post because I am really confused I have a really good credit score on Experian (951)
But on Clear score I only have a 234 why is this?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Different data sources and risk criteria, Beyond that you'd need to ask them.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pixelfoof)
Hi I just wanted to post because I am really confused I have a really good credit score on Experian (951)
Both of these sites will tell you what you’re doing right or wrong. Look at the details and not just the numbers.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pixelfoof)
The scores are meaningless.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you tried Credit Karma? See if there are similarities in credit score..
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The scores in themselves don't mean anything, but make sure you have the correct details listed for both credit check agencies.
jm4761
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As others have said, the scores are meaningless and serve only to get you to pay for their premium products so they can "help you improve your score." Look at the actual contents of the credit report for both agencies. If they're both correct, then there is nothing to be concerned about. If there is something negative on Clearscore that you don't recognise, then then you need to fix that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed