The Student Room Group

Kissed a girl, but not what I expected?

Last night I had my first kiss, I'm eighteen and at Uni now, so I guess it was a pretty big event. I could tell the girl was into me, so when I got the opportunity I just went for it. The strange thing is that I didn't really feel that much about it, it just felt a little dull whilst we were doing it. We just kind of talked for a few hours afterwards, and it didn't go much further, although I wonder if I should have taken the lead and made it go further, and I wonder if I did something wrong in that regard. I wonder if it was because I had got quite drunk on spirits and was sobering up at that point, because I didn't really feel HAPPY or have much pleasure from it all. Most of the time I felt pretty neutral, and I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or am wrong about my sexuality, or watched a little too much stuff on the internet, to satisfy myself when I was younger....I'm probably just overthinking it, but if anyone has reassurance of sorts I'd really appreciate it haha.
If you were both drunk maybe the technique wasn't incredible, or you just didn't feel much of a connection? I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Sometimes I'm kind of neutral to kissing, but other times it's really pleasurable and exciting. I'm not sure why it happens, maybe just mood (eg. if worried then I might overthink it and be focused on thoughts such as "is this good for them? Am I using the right amount of tongue? etc.) or the style of kiss. In any case, I don't think it's abnormal. The more kisses you actually have, the more you can refine your technique to something you'll enjoy anyway; you'll discover what makes you tick, and go from there.
Reply 2
I think it’s best when you clearly fancy the person and with a bit of build up too. No harm done though.
Yeah doesn't sound like u were rlly into her. If u were then it wld feel quite different u would be energized with no sense of FOMO that u r projecting in ur post. But rlly dude it's no big deal we have all been there and this is normal life experience.
Why would kissing an almost random person be a good experience??
Liking someone doesn't mean anything.
Original post by deadroseex
Liking someone doesn't mean anything.

how do you mean?
Original post by chopingirl
how do you mean?

You can be into someone. For example, celebrity crushes or a fling, you seem to be attracted to. You may like them.
You can love someone. For example; How you love your sibling or parents.
You can be in love with someone. For example; your husband/girlfriend etc.
Original post by Anonymous
Last night I had my first kiss, I'm eighteen and at Uni now, so I guess it was a pretty big event. I could tell the girl was into me, so when I got the opportunity I just went for it. The strange thing is that I didn't really feel that much about it, it just felt a little dull whilst we were doing it. We just kind of talked for a few hours afterwards, and it didn't go much further, although I wonder if I should have taken the lead and made it go further, and I wonder if I did something wrong in that regard. I wonder if it was because I had got quite drunk on spirits and was sobering up at that point, because I didn't really feel HAPPY or have much pleasure from it all. Most of the time I felt pretty neutral, and I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or am wrong about my sexuality, or watched a little too much stuff on the internet, to satisfy myself when I was younger....I'm probably just overthinking it, but if anyone has reassurance of sorts I'd really appreciate it haha.

Lmfao no **** bro. It's just a kiss. You don't magically light up and start melting. That's pretty much how a non anxious kiss goes. If you're anxious because you really like someone you might get more, or if you're particularly passionate in that moment. But it is just a kiss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending