The Student Room Group

Cardiff University or University of Stirling (MSc. Psychology Conversion)

Hope all is well at your end.
I had applied for MSc. Psychology Conversion course and have received a conditional offer (sole condition being, to pass my graduation with min. percentile) from Cardiff University, University of Stirling, Bradford, Gloucestershire till now.
I have narrowed down to two universities as if now: i.e., Cardiff University & the University of Stirling.
Being an international student, financing is an important area of concern to me. Stirling is providing a 4000 Pounds Scholarship effecting the total tuition fee around 14500. While, Cardiff is offering a 2000 Pounds Scholarship but I am unable to find the final tuition fee for academic year 2021/22. It'll be helpful if someone can roughly estimate the tuition fee excluding the scholarship.
(Please if possible do share the minimalistic cost of living for each city for a student and part-time job scenario)
Also, anyone who has previously done the conversion course or is familiar with any of the two uni; I'll be glad to have some insight.

Cardiff provides a 12 weeks placement within the course timeframe while Stirling offers 4 weeks of placement. How much should it matter considering, the student is inclined to find some sort of related job afterwards?
One peculiar aspect I recently came across, Stirling conversion students will be attending most of the classes with undergrad students. Does it happen in Cardiff as well or separate lectures are taken? I wonder our need as a group will be different as we need to complete the course in one year as oppose to three.

I came to know, Cardiff is one of the members of Russell group, known for its research excellence; but how far it matters for a conversion course (I mean the practical impacting the course). How much difference exists between the reputation of these two?

Overall, which of the two, would you recommend?

Thanks,

@psychology
@POstGrad
@University2021
Reply 1
Hello,

That's great to know that you have received conditional offers. Congrats.
I am applying for a conversion course at University of Stirling, can you tell me what did you write about in your personal statement?
I mean, do you have any practical experience in the field? And what's your major now?
Original post by ziomalll
Hello,

That's great to know that you have received conditional offers. Congrats.
I am applying for a conversion course at University of Stirling, can you tell me what did you write about in your personal statement?
I mean, do you have any practical experience in the field? And what's your major now?

Hi!! Hope you are doing well.
I regret replying you so late. I'll be completing my law degree next year. But as far my personal statement is concerned, I had mentioned the reasons why I am deviating from my chosen field and what interest me specifically in the field of psychology. Moreover, I had mentioned my publication and a book that I wrote relating some aspects to psychology. I do not have any official experience in the field but I did an online course on modern applied psychology from achology which I had mentioned in the PS.

Wishing you well in your endeavours.
Hi.
I don't know if you will see this, but I am in the same position as you were.
I have received conditional offers from Stirling and Cardiff for Msc Psychology Conversion.
If you ended up going to one of these, can you let me know what did you end up selecting and how was your experience?

Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending