The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My final NEA was over 22,000 words. In my opinion, the "recommendation" for between 3000-4000 words is nonsense and not long enough. Everyone in my experience their NEA was much longer.
Reply 2
Original post by Deggs_14
My final NEA was over 22,000 words. In my opinion, the "recommendation" for between 3000-4000 words is nonsense and not long enough. Everyone in my experience their NEA was much longer.

that makes me feel so much better - I was so worried about it being so long
Mine was 10,000 words in the end and I got an A*. In my experience, everyone went over the guide of 3-4000 words, so don't worry about it. If the 7000 words are all useful and contribute to your study, then going over the word limit isn't an issue. It's only an issue if you're waffling unnecessary, which I'm sure you're not doing. To be honest, 3-4,000 words is hard to achieve for a detailed study.
Reply 4
The specification https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Geography/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/Pearson-Edexcel-GCE-A-level-Geography-specification-issue-5-FINAL.pdf says:
It is recommended that students write between 3000 and 4000 words for their independent investigation. Students will not be specifically penalised on the basis of the length of their written report. However, excessively high or low word counts may restrict students’ ability to evidence the skills outlined in the marking criteria.
Original post by hannah333davis
Mine was 10,000 words in the end and I got an A*. In my experience, everyone went over the guide of 3-4000 words, so don't worry about it. If the 7000 words are all useful and contribute to your study, then going over the word limit isn't an issue. It's only an issue if you're waffling unnecessary, which I'm sure you're not doing. To be honest, 3-4,000 words is hard to achieve for a detailed study.

thank goodness! I'm already up to 5000 words just on the data analysis section. I was so worried mine was too long but I'm pretty sure my entire thing will be under 10,000. I know this wasn't my post but thanks for your comment :smile:
Lol this is kinda funny. At first I was thinking I’d be lucky to get anywhere near 4000 words and now I’m at 7000 and will probably go above it till 10k.
It’s always best to just not think about how much you’re doing and just to get your head down to do it.
Reply 7
Ive only done my methodology and the beginning of my introduction and im at 1500 words. I dont think it is possible to write such a detailed essay with only 3000-4000 words tbh.

Latest