The Student Room Group

Will the University not accept one of my courses if I do this

so for university I applied to chemistry for my course and I have requested if I can change to one of my other options to biology. I am worried that they will accept me for biology instead of chemistry as chemistry my main objective.
Original post by deeenhahhaya
so for university I applied to chemistry for my course and I have requested if I can change to one of my other options to biology. I am worried that they will accept me for biology instead of chemistry as chemistry my main objective.

Hi!

If the chemistry is your main objective, I would stay with this. I'm a little confused about why you are putting biology?

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
I don’t understand what you mean. Have you applied to some universities for chemistry, and one university for biology?

The universities can’t see what other unis you have applied to, or what you want to study at other unis.
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

If the chemistry is your main objective, I would stay with this. I'm a little confused about why you are putting biology?

I hope this helps!

As a second choice. Thank you
Original post by Desideri
I don’t understand what you mean. Have you applied to some universities for chemistry, and one university for biology?

The universities can’t see what other unis you have applied to, or what you want to study at other unis.

The same Uni for biology snd chemistry. I want to the biology as a second choice (second fir that uni incase they dont accept me for chemistry) but id rather do chemistry.
So you’ve used two of your options on the same university, one option for the chemistry course and one option for the biology course?

Your application will probably be looked at separately by the chemistry department and the biology department. Chemistry won’t refuse to give you an offer based on you also applying for biology.

However, if your personal statement is chemistry based, that might not look good for a biology course, and vice versa.
Original post by Desideri
So you’ve used two of your options on the same university, one option for the chemistry course and one option for the biology course?

Your application will probably be looked at separately by the chemistry department and the biology department. Chemistry won’t refuse to give you an offer based on you also applying for biology.

However, if your personal statement is chemistry based, that might not look good for a biology course, and vice versa.

Thanks. They are asking me to provide a PS on why I want to do Biology.
As a second choice. Thank you

Other universities are unable to view your choices, so this won't matter. They will just be able to see the course that you have applied for at their university.
If biology is what you would like as a back up this is absolutely fine. You're the one who will accept the offers that you receive, so you can decide this once all your offers have come through on UCAS.
However, I would say, if chemistry is your certain goal then stick with this, otherwise, you might be wasting one of your options.

I hope this is helpful!
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Other universities are unable to view your choices, so this won't matter. They will just be able to see the course that you have applied for at their university.
If biology is what you would like as a back up this is absolutely fine. You're the one who will accept the offers that you receive, so you can decide this once all your offers have come through on UCAS.
However, I would say, if chemistry is your certain goal then stick with this, otherwise, you might be wasting one of your options.

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks btw the university i want to do chemistry in is the same one I am choosing to do biology in as a second option for that uni. So I am pretty sure they will see
Thanks btw the university i want to do chemistry in is the same one I am choosing to do biology in as a second option for that uni. So I am pretty sure they will see

Yes, they will see both applications.

Did your UCAS personal statement relate only to Chemistry? Have they asked you for a second statement relating to Biology?
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, they will see both applications.

Did your UCAS personal statement relate only to Chemistry? Have they asked you for a second statement relating to Biology?

Yup
Yup

That’s a good sign, looks like they want to consider you seriously for biology. Just do your best with the second PS :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
That’s a good sign, looks like they want to consider you seriously for biology. Just do your best with the second PS :smile:

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending