The Student Room Group

Should I tell ex that I slept with someone else?

Me and my boyfriend (both 22) were together for 6 years but split up in early July as I just felt as though we had outgrown the relationship. About 2 months after we split up I slept with someone else after a night out.

Fast forward to now, me and my boyfriend have been chatting again and I’m seriously debating getting back together with him. The only problem is, do I tell him that I slept with someone else? My friends have all told me not to tell him as we weren’t together and it’s nobody else’s business what you do while single and that it would be pointless to hurt him over something that he doesn’t need to knkw.

I’m interested to see what others opinions are on this? Thanks in advance
Nope. None of his business. Its as important as saying you went to the shop last week and bought yaself some carrots 👍
You don't need to tell him what you did when you weren't together. It's none of his business
Reply 3
Original post by Syd4754
Me and my boyfriend (both 22) were together for 6 years but split up in early July as I just felt as though we had outgrown the relationship. About 2 months after we split up I slept with someone else after a night out.

Fast forward to now, me and my boyfriend have been chatting again and I’m seriously debating getting back together with him. The only problem is, do I tell him that I slept with someone else? My friends have all told me not to tell him as we weren’t together and it’s nobody else’s business what you do while single and that it would be pointless to hurt him over something that he doesn’t need to knkw.

I’m interested to see what others opinions are on this? Thanks in advance

if you were single, then it’s fair game and he can’t hold that against you. Maybe he even had a similar situation himself.

The issue isn’t if you don’t tell him, it’s if you don’t tell him and somewhere down the line he finds out. Say it slipped out accidentally or he heard it from somebody. Still wouldn’t be you doing anything wrong but it would almost certainly cause some drama. If your friends have your back on this though it shouldn’t matter what you decide to do.
It may cause u drama if he discovers this later. Most likely he's gonna ask anyway coz if u've been separated he will want to know wat's been happening in ur life. No need for it to be big deal.
You don’t HAVE to tell him, you was single, but it’d probably be a nice gesture.

He has no right to get mad tho. He could very well have done the same when you had split up.

Communication is key and it’d really suck if it came out down the line and he thought you was being sneaky and deceiving even when you wasn’t.

Sex is trivial but it means a lot to people, consider telling him I say but don’t feel obliged to and definitely don’t take any crap for it if you do tell him.
Reply 6
You don’t have to volunteer it, but I guess if you do get back together he might well ask and not telling could then perceived as not telling the truth. Even though there was no reason why you shouldn’t have. If you’re not minded to say, I would either skim over it or if there is no way he can know, don’t tell him at all. There is a fair augment that it’s none of his business anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending