The Student Room Group

Slept 20 hours, still tired.

So my day went as follows: I get up at 8am, got home at 4pm and went to sleep as I was so tired. I woke up at 11 pm, watched a movie for 2 hours then went to sleep for another 4 hours and woke up and 6 AM, still very tired.

Should I see a doctor? even when I get 9 hours sleep I am extremely tired. in today's case I've had near enough 20 hours sleep and still feel extremely tired.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I count 11 hours, where's the 20 coming from? Did you wake at the 8am after the 20 hours?
(edited 3 years ago)
It's probably because your circadian rhythm is messed up. Your body has a specific schedule and no matter how many hours you sleep it won't function properly if you don't do it at the right times. Try having a routine like going to bed at 9 and sleeping throughout the night until 6 or whenever you have to get up. It won't immediately put it back to normal but after a few weeks, you might start to notice you're less tired because your body knows when is sleep time and when is work time.
If you are really worried about it and nothing you tried helps maybe it is best to go see a doctor, there's no harm done in checking and it will put your mind at rest. Try not to read all the articles on the internet because from personal experience it make the situation worse. You think about the worst and worry more.
Hope that helps
Original post by Anumu
So my day went as follows: I get up at 8am, got home at 4pm and went to sleep as I was so tired. I woke up at 11 pm, watched a movie for 2 hours then went to sleep for another 4 hours and woke up and 6 AM, still very tired.

Should I see a doctor? even when I get 9 hours sleep I am extremely tired. in today's case I've had near enough 20 hours sleep and still feel extremely tired.

You slept for about 11 or 12 hours and not 20 hours. I think what messed it up was the 2 hour break in the middle.

Quick Reply

Latest