Slept 20 hours, still tired.

Watch
Anumu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So my day went as follows: I get up at 8am, got home at 4pm and went to sleep as I was so tired. I woke up at 11 pm, watched a movie for 2 hours then went to sleep for another 4 hours and woke up and 6 AM, still very tired.

Should I see a doctor? even when I get 9 hours sleep I am extremely tired. in today's case I've had near enough 20 hours sleep and still feel extremely tired.
Last edited by Anumu; 2 months ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I count 11 hours, where's the 20 coming from? Did you wake at the 8am after the 20 hours?
Last edited by Bio 7; 2 months ago
Snigdha02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's probably because your circadian rhythm is messed up. Your body has a specific schedule and no matter how many hours you sleep it won't function properly if you don't do it at the right times. Try having a routine like going to bed at 9 and sleeping throughout the night until 6 or whenever you have to get up. It won't immediately put it back to normal but after a few weeks, you might start to notice you're less tired because your body knows when is sleep time and when is work time.
If you are really worried about it and nothing you tried helps maybe it is best to go see a doctor, there's no harm done in checking and it will put your mind at rest. Try not to read all the articles on the internet because from personal experience it make the situation worse. You think about the worst and worry more.
Hope that helps
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Might be because your sleeping is fractured, if you'd said that you slept 9hrs solid I'd be a bit more confused. Try sleeping solidly for that amount of time then see how you feel.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anumu)
So my day went as follows: I get up at 8am, got home at 4pm and went to sleep as I was so tired. I woke up at 11 pm, watched a movie for 2 hours then went to sleep for another 4 hours and woke up and 6 AM, still very tired.

Should I see a doctor? even when I get 9 hours sleep I am extremely tired. in today's case I've had near enough 20 hours sleep and still feel extremely tired.
You slept for about 11 or 12 hours and not 20 hours. I think what messed it up was the 2 hour break in the middle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (65)
17.62%
No one else does (119)
32.25%
I'm embarrassed about my background (39)
10.57%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (125)
33.88%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.63%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.9%

Watched Threads