The Student Room Group

Unit 4 Enquiries into Health and social care research

Hi,

I’m curious to know what article you have chosen yesterday and why? I’ve chosen article 1 which is about coeliac disease and milk consumption. If you’re doing this article, please can you give me an idea of what secondary source I could use? I know I need to find an article from a website or newspaper but I don’t even know what the article I choose is meant to be about? How would I relate it? Do I find an article which explains the link between coeliac disease and dairy intolerance?

Please help

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wagwhat
Hi,

I’m curious to know what article you have chosen yesterday and why? I’ve chosen article 1 which is about coeliac disease and milk consumption. If you’re doing this article, please can you give me an idea of what secondary source I could use? I know I need to find an article from a website or newspaper but I don’t even know what the article I choose is meant to be about? How would I relate it? Do I find an article which explains the link between coeliac disease and dairy intolerance?

Please help

Thank you :smile:

I haven't actually been told what the sources are yet! Looks like the health issue is that then :yep:

Make sure to find a reputable and reliable source :smile: I haven't looked at the sources yet but once I have I can try help. What was the social care issue?
Original post by Hazelly
I haven't actually been told what the sources are yet! Looks like the health issue is that then :yep:

Make sure to find a reputable and reliable source :smile: I haven't looked at the sources yet but once I have I can try help. What was the social care issue?

the social care article is about the role of local authorities in the provision of appropriate adults/appropriate adult services for vulnerable adults, there's less data from the study shown in it but it's a bit easier to understand than the health care one
Original post by aimeerobertson
the social care article is about the role of local authorities in the provision of appropriate adults/appropriate adult services for vulnerable adults, there's less data from the study shown in it but it's a bit easier to understand than the health care one

Right okay, I'm hoping to get the sources tomorrow so will be able to go through them :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
Right okay, I'm hoping to get the sources tomorrow so will be able to go through them :smile:

Hey, I’ve switched to article 2 because it’s a lot easier for me to understand! I’ve found the two articles on the internet, I can PM you the links if you’d like to read them today?
Reply 5
Original post by aimeerobertson

I’ve now changed to article 2 because article 1 confuses me so much🤣 what article are you doing?
Original post by Wagwhat
Hey, I’ve switched to article 2 because it’s a lot easier for me to understand! I’ve found the two articles on the internet, I can PM you the links if you’d like to read them today?

Yes please!
Please can someone explain in simpler terms Article 2
Reply 8
Original post by Ashlyn110419
Please can someone explain in simpler terms Article 2

Article 2 is about the lack of AAs (Appropriate Adults) which are parents, guardians and social workers to support vulnerable adults (who have mental health/physical problems) in custody
Reply 9
Original post by Wagwhat

Could you please PM these to me aswell?
Can someone help, how do I start whith unit 4 vulnerable adult what are the method used in the article
Reply 11
Original post by Wagwhat

Please can you pm these to me aswell
Reply 12
Original post by Hazelly
Yes please!

My computer wouldn't let me link them in the pm so here they are:

Article 1: https://nutrition.bmj.com/content/early/2019/03/18/bmjnph-2018-000022

Article 2: https://www.sscr.nihr.ac.uk/PDF/Findings/RF74.pdf
Reply 13
Original post by Keydee
Please can you pm these to me aswell

I've already linked them in this chat
I have also decided to go with Article 2, as it easier to understand
Original post by Lina0015483
Can someone help, how do I start whith unit 4 vulnerable adult what are the method used in the article

It states in Article 2 what research methods are used
do you guys know why is unstructured interview was used in the research (qualitative interview) unit 4 article 2 and if is valid or not?
(edited 3 years ago)
Is anyone doing article 1? What are your thoughts of it?
Reply 18
Original post by Hazelly
Is anyone doing article 1? What are your thoughts of it?

It has more research in it but less secondary resources to relate it to
Original post by Wagwhat
It has more research in it but less secondary resources to relate it to

Really?

Quick Reply

Latest