Wagwhat
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I’m curious to know what article you have chosen yesterday and why? I’ve chosen article 1 which is about coeliac disease and milk consumption. If you’re doing this article, please can you give me an idea of what secondary source I could use? I know I need to find an article from a website or newspaper but I don’t even know what the article I choose is meant to be about? How would I relate it? Do I find an article which explains the link between coeliac disease and dairy intolerance?

Please help

Thank you
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wagwhat)
Hi,

I’m curious to know what article you have chosen yesterday and why? I’ve chosen article 1 which is about coeliac disease and milk consumption. If you’re doing this article, please can you give me an idea of what secondary source I could use? I know I need to find an article from a website or newspaper but I don’t even know what the article I choose is meant to be about? How would I relate it? Do I find an article which explains the link between coeliac disease and dairy intolerance?

Please help

Thank you
I haven't actually been told what the sources are yet! Looks like the health issue is that then :yep:

Make sure to find a reputable and reliable source I haven't looked at the sources yet but once I have I can try help. What was the social care issue?
aimeerobertson
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
I haven't actually been told what the sources are yet! Looks like the health issue is that then :yep:

Make sure to find a reputable and reliable source I haven't looked at the sources yet but once I have I can try help. What was the social care issue?
the social care article is about the role of local authorities in the provision of appropriate adults/appropriate adult services for vulnerable adults, there's less data from the study shown in it but it's a bit easier to understand than the health care one
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aimeerobertson)
the social care article is about the role of local authorities in the provision of appropriate adults/appropriate adult services for vulnerable adults, there's less data from the study shown in it but it's a bit easier to understand than the health care one
Right okay, I'm hoping to get the sources tomorrow so will be able to go through them
Wagwhat
Rep:
Right okay, I'm hoping to get the sources tomorrow so will be able to go through them
Hey, I’ve switched to article 2 because it’s a lot easier for me to understand! I’ve found the two articles on the internet, I can PM you the links if you’d like to read them today?
Wagwhat
Rep:
(Original post by aimeerobertson)
I’ve now changed to article 2 because article 1 confuses me so much🤣 what article are you doing?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’ve switched to article 2 because it’s a lot easier for me to understand! I’ve found the two articles on the internet, I can PM you the links if you’d like to read them today?
Yes please!
Ashlyn110419
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Please can someone explain in simpler terms Article 2
Wagwhat
Rep:
(Original post by Ashlyn110419)
Please can someone explain in simpler terms Article 2
Article 2 is about the lack of AAs (Appropriate Adults) which are parents, guardians and social workers to support vulnerable adults (who have mental health/physical problems) in custody
Keydee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Could you please PM these to me aswell?
Lina0015483
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Can someone help, how do I start whith unit 4 vulnerable adult what are the method used in the article
Keydee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Please can you pm these to me aswell
Wagwhat
Rep:
Yes please!
My computer wouldn't let me link them in the pm so here they are:

Article 1: https://nutrition.bmj.com/content/ea...ph-2018-000022

Article 2: https://www.sscr.nihr.ac.uk/PDF/Findings/RF74.pdf
Wagwhat
Rep:
(Original post by Keydee)
Please can you pm these to me aswell
I've already linked them in this chat
katie.weston
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have also decided to go with Article 2, as it easier to understand
katie.weston
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lina0015483)
Can someone help, how do I start whith unit 4 vulnerable adult what are the method used in the article
It states in Article 2 what research methods are used
Lina0015483
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
do you guys know why is unstructured interview was used in the research (qualitative interview) unit 4 article 2 and if is valid or not?
Last edited by Lina0015483; 1 year ago
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone doing article 1? What are your thoughts of it?
Wagwhat
Rep:
Is anyone doing article 1? What are your thoughts of it?
It has more research in it but less secondary resources to relate it to
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It has more research in it but less secondary resources to relate it to
Really?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.71%
Okay (70)
29.05%
A bit lacking (90)
37.34%
Not good at all (60)
24.9%

Watched Threads