The Student Room Group

Did i make a mistake?

I have been predicted ABB by my teachers and i know i can achieve AAB if i put my mind to it. I put down 4 universities with AAB entry requirements and 1 with BBB. Was this a smart decision?
The subjects were bio,chem and psychology.
My as grades were BCD ~ due to Covid-19.
Reply 1
Original post by Heva10
I have been predicted ABB by my teachers and i know i can achieve AAB if i put my mind to it. I put down 4 universities with AAB entry requirements and 1 with BBB. Was this a smart decision?

I think you should do 2-3 unis w AAB , do you qualify for contextual offer?
Reply 2
I don't think it was a smart decision. Brave, yes! But if your predicted grades on the system are ABB, then 4/5 unis aimed higher is likely to give you a few rejections, I would have thought. I only aimed up for one uni when I applied (a billion years ago now) - also predicted ABB and applied for AAB - and Lancaster did give me an AAB offer, so it's possible! I just think that 4/5 aimed above your official predicted grades is risky.
Reply 3
Original post by Mhazie
I don't think it was a smart decision. Brave, yes! But if your predicted grades on the system are ABB, then 4/5 unis aimed higher is likely to give you a few rejections, I would have thought. I only aimed up for one uni when I applied (a billion years ago now) - also predicted ABB and applied for AAB - and Lancaster did give me an AAB offer, so it's possible! I just think that 4/5 aimed above your official predicted grades is risky.

I agree
Original post by Heva10

You should be fine. Most AAB universities will make offers to ABB predicted students and will end up accepting students with ABB on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending