The Student Room Group

Applying to a university with 1 grade below the entry requirement is it worth it

Hi, right now my UCAS grades are AAA but I wanted to apply to do Business management at KCL, however the entry requirements are A*AA. I've been told my personal statement is very good so that may help my chances but was wondering if there was any point in applying and what the likelihood would be of me getting an offer or if it would be a waste
Hey, there's no right or wrong answer here.
Imo, take the shot. Often unis consider "near miss" applicants, plus I am assuming these are predicted grades: who's to say you won't get a A* anyways? A strong personal statement will put you in good stead anyway :biggrin:
Obviously you can have up to five choices, so add one that matches your predicted grades (or just below). What's the worst that can happen? A rejection, which means you lose nothing. You don't apply, there's no chance to get in, you do apply and there's a chance you do. That is how I'd see it personally :smile:
Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Nubling_Lottie
Hey, there's no right or wrong answer here.
Imo, take the shot. Often unis consider "near miss" applicants, plus I am assuming these are predicted grades: who's to say you won't get a A* anyways? A strong personal statement will put you in good stead anyway :biggrin:
Obviously you can have up to five choices, so add one that matches your predicted grades (or just below). What's the worst that can happen? A rejection, which means you lose nothing. You don't apply, there's no chance to get in, you do apply and there's a chance you do. That is how I'd see it personally :smile:
Good luck

Great thankyou
definitely worth it! you have four other unis to apply to, and as long as they are “sensible” (ie. same as your predicted grades/lower) then of course have one aspirational choice!

you may get an offer of A*AA despite your predicted being AAA, but you can definitely achieve it if you work hard. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending