The Student Room Group

Got 34% plagiarism on coursework

So I think I f***** up a bit. I’m in third year and my latest coursework came back with a score of 34% plagiarism. The work was weirdly structured in that it was basically a bunch of screenshots, with a short sentence describing each screenshot. Because of the setup and the fact that all students would have the same screenshots (and therefore VERY similar sentences/information), I was a bit dumb and didn’t think I needed references as the short sentences were very general and very short, usually around 11-12 words long.

So now I have this pretty concerning plagiarism score. Will my Uni penalise me?
I checked with my professor when i found out mine , maybe try that ?
Original post by Anonymous
So I think I f***** up a bit. I’m in third year and my latest coursework came back with a score of 34% plagiarism. The work was weirdly structured in that it was basically a bunch of screenshots, with a short sentence describing each screenshot. Because of the setup and the fact that all students would have the same screenshots (and therefore VERY similar sentences/information), I was a bit dumb and didn’t think I needed references as the short sentences were very general and very short, usually around 11-12 words long.

So now I have this pretty concerning plagiarism score. Will my Uni penalise me?

So you didn't reference the screenshots at all? It's not just the captions but the screenshots themselves you also need to cite and correctly reference.
34% plagiarism or 34% similarity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending