The Student Room Group

Arrogant bf

I just asked him because I felt like it would be a change if I take him out my way but because I don’t drive I take him on public transport.

Hes done this before and done it again basically how thinks hurts my. When I ask why he asked him the reasons about not wanting to use it. He said it’s disgusting, nasty and “trampy” apparently which I questioned him on and he meant stuff particular is “trampy” and it’s for “failures who can’t drive use” it’s kind of hurt my feelings because I use it regularly and he know I do. I had an argument with him about this because I just told him to stop being so snobbish which it is he's being very snobbish.
yeah he’s acting immature and disgracefully if I’m honest. you were right to call him out on it.

once things have calmed down, have a quiet chat with him where neither of you raise your voices. explain why what he said hurt your feelings and see if he understands. im sure once he realises what he said is wrong and hurtful, you’ll be able to get back to normal :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by baby.bear
yeah he’s acting immature and disgracefully if I’m honest. you were right to call him out on it.

once things have calmed down, have a quiet chat with him where neither of you raise your voices. explain why what he said hurt your feelings and see if he understands. im sure once he realises what he said is wrong and hurtful, you’ll be able to get back to normal :smile:

Thank you
I did say to him stuff I told him atleast I'm saving the environment unlike him racing his stupid car around and I just told him he looks more embarrassing
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you
I did say to him stuff I told him atleast I'm saving the environment unlike him racing his stupid car around and I just told him he looks more embarrassing

haha! I’d say next time you speak try to make it a calm conversation with no insults. He’s more likely to listen to your points if you’re calm and let him speak too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by baby.bear
haha! I’d say next time you speak try to make it a calm conversation with no insults. He’s more likely to listen to your points if you’re calm and let him speak too :smile:

Hopefully
Hopefully

I hope it works out! Good luck :smile:
Thank you

Whilst undoubtedly true, the point is not that he likes to drive fast in his own car when he could be taking public transport to save the environment. That, ultimately, is his choice. What is a problem is his attitude towards people who do take public transport. It is not only arrogant and snobbish, it is also hopeless ignorant and naive. It is an attitude that hopefully he will shed as he gets older, though unfortunately it doesn't always happen. I certainly agree with sitting him down and talking to him calmly about it. Highlight that people taking public transport doesn't tell you anything about their personality, wealth, or worth. Mentioning that because you don't drive it hurts you when he says things like that will perhaps give him a sense of perspective.
I did say to him ... racing his stupid car around and I just told him he looks more embarrassing

well, way to fight fire with fire
Reply 8
He's extremely opposed to public transportation and you are radically against cars? How do you expect this relationship to work out if you both cant even respect the other's opinions on something this drastic?
He was out of line to say what he did and you're equally out of line being snappy back. You both need to be more mature and understand you have different priorities in life.
Reply 9
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Whilst undoubtedly true, the point is not that he likes to drive fast in his own car when he could be taking public transport to save the environment. That, ultimately, is his choice. What is a problem is his attitude towards people who do take public transport. It is not only arrogant and snobbish, it is also hopeless ignorant and naive. It is an attitude that hopefully he will shed as he gets older, though unfortunately it doesn't always happen. I certainly agree with sitting him down and talking to him calmly about it. Highlight that people taking public transport doesn't tell you anything about their personality, wealth, or worth. Mentioning that because you don't drive it hurts you when he says things like that will perhaps give him a sense of perspective.

Yes
Original post by LovelyMrFox
He's extremely opposed to public transportation and you are radically against cars? How do you expect this relationship to work out if you both cant even respect the other's opinions on something this drastic?
He was out of line to say what he did and you're equally out of line being snappy back. You both need to be more mature and understand you have different priorities in life.

He just changed my life
what an idiot! Has he ever been to a city... EVERYBODY uses public transport! all he is doing is showing how old school and parochial he is. Go and find yourself someone a bit more 21st century.
what an idiot! Has he ever been to a city... EVERYBODY uses public transport! all he is doing is showing how old school and parochial he is. Go and find yourself someone a bit more 21st century.

I know
Why don't you just learn to drive? I see his point tbh, maybe he could have said it less rudely
I just asked him because I felt like it would be a change if I take him out my way but because I don’t drive I take him on public transport.

Hes done this before and done it again basically how thinks hurts my. When I ask why he asked him the reasons about not wanting to use it. He said it’s disgusting, nasty and “trampy” apparently which I questioned him on and he meant stuff particular is “trampy” and it’s for “failures who can’t drive use” it’s kind of hurt my feelings because I use it regularly and he know I do. I had an argument with him about this because I just told him to stop being so snobbish which it is he's being very snobbish.

Oh stop let him have his car I drive you got a problem with that girls like you are hard to please and love to moan find someone else if you don't like it, I bet you are one of those Nazi vegans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending