The Student Room Group

I'm FAILING!!!! PLEASE HELP ME😭

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SJisAwesome_16
I used to watch youtubers for GCSE. Can you recommend any good biology youtubers because I need new ones(i'm doing AQA Alevel biology). But my teacher tells us to make notes.
and the thing is, if I make notes, wouldn't it be easier to understand it? A lot of my friends mention how there's too many things to make notes on, so would a summary page for each topic be good? or flashcards for each topics? I've heard that "blurting" is a good method do so may try that.
but yes exam papers being amazing has been stressed by alot of people!
so I'll deffo try that!
Thank you for the reply. It means the world to me :wink:

I do OCR A but just type in your exam board and Biology into YouTube, there’s tons of videos

Make notes in class. Never rewrite notes outside of lesson. This is the time where you’re meant to be trying your hardest to actually understand what is being taught. If you actually understand something you are more likely to apply that knowledge into a lotttttt of different scenarios. You can understand something by watching videos then attempting questions on it. Use flashcards to help you understand it.
Use blurting method too, yes. Most importantly do HARD QUESTIONS, HARDER THAN USUAL

ITS NOT MEANT TO BE EASY, IF IT WAS THEN EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 21
Smart students don’t understand detail.

Smart students understand the syllabus.
Guys I got a D in my synoptic for chemistry and after the 2 week holiday I have a mock . They mentioned slightly that it might be better to do applied. I don't want to do do applied. It's just that I'm a lazy sh*t and I'll improve it and get my attitude right u knw? like I've had my wake up call .Is it possible to be ready for the mock and go from a D to at least a B. I didn't do past papers before. I revised the night before and just went over the content. This time I'll be making past paers the main focus.

If I actually invest in it (I technically have 2 weeks of holiday and one week where I'm not in school, so it's 3 weeks).If I work my socks off, would it be possible to get that high? go from a D to at least a B?
Original post by r7kytt
I do OCR A but just type in your exam board and Biology into YouTube, there’s tons of videos

Make notes in class. Never rewrite notes outside of lesson. This is the time where you’re meant to be trying your hardest to actually understand what is being taught. If you actually understand something you are more likely to apply that knowledge into a lotttttt of different scenarios. You can understand something by watching videos then attempting questions on it. Use flashcards to help you understand it.
Use blurting method too, yes. Most importantly do HARD QUESTIONS, HARDER THAN USUAL

ITS NOT MEANT TO BE EASY, IF IT WAS THEN EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.

yesp!
it's in the exam questions!!!
I WILL DO SO MANY EXAM QUESTIONS
The best way to revise is to do so in a chilled out setting.
For example, when ur getting dressed or eating breakfast learn a thing or 2 and keep doing it till u know everything, it's easier to retain information this way
Original post by Muttley79
This is not ideal nor what was encouraged. Does your teacher send the PPTs from the lesson? If not then ask for then and there are the notes with a few additions/annotations.

I hope school improves but please set yourself a more reliastic timetable.

yes some of them give power points. my biology does, psychology doesn't because (apparently she's had too many cases where she works hard on the PowerPoint and has made them just for us and they send it to their friends in other schools and colleges.). chemistry doesn't use powerpoints, we use booklets.

Yes, I'll try to set a realistic timetable.

Quick Reply

Latest