The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics Applicants 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Applying for economics Oxford (rejected), durham (rejected), ucl, lse, warwickGcses- 9999999887A levels predicted a* a* a
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
No reply still waiting
Has anyone gotten a offer yet
Are we all still waiting? There hasn't been any offers at all and not even any rejections mentioned on TSR for a while. I was guessing the grades announcement would affect things but they still planned to give out all offers by the 31st March.
International student applying to economics
- Subjects + Predicted Grades
Grades go from 0 to 20 ( 20 is equivalent to 100% 19 95% etc)
Physics and Chemistry 20 (achieved)
Biology and Geology 19 (achieved)
Philosophy 20 (achieved)
Maths 20 (predicted)
have another 5 subjects (all 20s and one 19) but they are not relevant honestly

- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions : Warwick (conditional offer) and UCL (still waiting)
so no econ offers yet?
Original post by Anonymous
International student applying to economics
- Subjects + Predicted Grades
Grades go from 0 to 20 ( 20 is equivalent to 100% 19 95% etc)
Physics and Chemistry 20 (achieved)
Biology and Geology 19 (achieved)
Philosophy 20 (achieved)
Maths 20 (predicted)
have another 5 subjects (all 20s and one 19) but they are not relevant honestly

- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions : Warwick (conditional offer) and UCL (still waiting)

Somewhat similar to me. I got Warwick this week. Waiting for UCL and LSE. Applied in October.
I got my UCL offer in the big first batch in December (I plan to firm Durham) but I saw some offers came out last week and some rejections two days ago. Has anyone heard back from LSE yet?
Is Ucl Econ and Stats as good as Ucl Econ?

Probs, but less competitive. Econ at UCL is 38% offer rate (only Law with 13% is harder to get into at UCL)
Probs, but less competitive. Econ at UCL is 38% offer rate (only Law with 13% is harder to get into at UCL)

Where did you see this 13% rate for UCL law?

I'm wondering the same thing. Not sure which to choose.
Reply 272
Has anyone got an offer for LSE economics without further maths?
I got an offer from warwick and rejected from ucl
Original post by RSG00
Has anyone got an offer for LSE economics without further maths?
I got an offer from warwick and rejected from ucl

Do you have no a level further maths at all or are you doing an AS in it?
congrats on warwick and sorry about ucl btw, hope you get into the uni you want!!
Where did you see this 13% rate for UCL law?

I can't remember but this link lists two law courses as 17% and 19% acceptance
Reply 275
Do you have no a level further maths at all or are you doing an AS in it?
congrats on warwick and sorry about ucl btw, hope you get into the uni you want!!

Not at all, I only put it in as option as it was free so thought why not. Thanks.
applying for econ gcses 99999999A*A* a levels predicted maths further maths physics chem A*A*A*A* (ye ik no econ) rejected from cambridge after interview and ucl rejected (poggers). LSE chances?
Original post by bigchungus23
applying for econ gcses 99999999A*A* a levels predicted maths further maths physics chem A*A*A*A* (ye ik no econ) rejected from cambridge after interview and ucl rejected (poggers). LSE chances?

do you have any offers from any unis?
your grades are very good but LSE mainly care about PS so it's hard to tell your chances but those grades, including FM, will definitely help you
do you have any offers from any unis?
your grades are very good but LSE mainly care about PS so it's hard to tell your chances but those grades, including FM, will definitely help you

yeah i have leeds AAA and st andrews ABB. st andrews is good but I've heard its not much fun but leeds ranks quite a bit lower. lse would be best
Original post by bigchungus23
yeah i have leeds AAA and st andrews ABB. st andrews is good but I've heard its not much fun but leeds ranks quite a bit lower. lse would be best

St Andrews is very good and competitive so congrats on your offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending