The Student Room Group

Travelling to Amsterdam in July 2021?

Really want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday with a trip to Amsterdam in July 2021, travelling from the UK. Just wanted peoples thoughts on if travel will be back to normal by then? As I can see now you have to quarantine for 10 days arriving in the Netherlends.
Hopefully July should be fine, just reflecting back to last July 2020 when it was an inter-wave period, I managed to drive to Catalunya when I thought I wouldn’t be able to, until I was.

If you are flying, then favour large carriers KLM/AirFrance & Lufthansa rather than the “cheapies” but you could always get a Harwich to Hoek-van-Holland boat and use NS trains as a backup. No visa will be needed, just a passport with a long validity.
Original post by bhcdn
Really want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday with a trip to Amsterdam in July 2021, travelling from the UK. Just wanted peoples thoughts on if travel will be back to normal by then? As I can see now you have to quarantine for 10 days arriving in the Netherlends.

No one can say what will be in Juny 2021 at the moment, unless a fortune teller exists. If everything will go well till then, Amsterdam is an option I think about.

Quick Reply

Latest