The Student Room Group

50 min layover at Amsterdam

This probably wont reach the right people but I have no where else to ask. My transfer time in Amsterdam is only 50 minutes, flying to a non-Schengen country. I'll be flying in August so I expect it to be relatively busy too. Does anyone know if I'll be able to get priority at security since my transfer time is so short, if not do you think its enough time to reach my gate?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Seek some advise from your airline. In my experience is there is no priority at security for tight connections, unless there is some paid for priority scheme you can use. I have usually been successful with connection times of this length, but it is a bit tense and if there is any delay, which of course is quite possible, you’re up against it. Typically I have been travelling for business meetings where is not the end of the world if I don’t make it and someone else picks up the bill for any problems.
Probably won't get priority. Also if this is Schilpol, I've heard that the terminals there are really far apart so it takes a long time getting from one to another if your following flight is in another terminal.

Might be worth seeing if you can change your flights to give yourself more time.

Quick Reply

Latest