The Student Room Group

Parents found out I quit college

I told them because they kind of clocked. I quit because it was destroying my mental health which was affecting me badly. I was in distress often to the point I was sweating with anxiety and everything. It was so bad and I had a panic attack in college and my teacher literally told me am I going to act like a man not even that, I quote she literally said "are you going to act like a big boy and go to lesson", she said that just after I had a panic attack. It was about November. The thing is that was just a small thing that was going on at college. There was so much more.

A lot of you were thinking im stupid for dropping out of college but I cannot stress enough it was actually unbearable for me, I would come home, im not exaggerating, my confidence was going down and down and down. I think if I kept going because I was losing my sweat, that might have eventually caused physical health problems as well as mental health. Also a lot of you are going to think my life is ****ed, I probably have no money but it actually is, im actually surprisingly making money, I bought some tape players video ones off my parents I bought 2 for £149 each and I sold the for £200 each so made profit off them. So that kind of is something that I am proud of. I know its a small thing but considering I've just dropped out of college its not a bad start considering as well peoples expectations of me won't be good.

Anyway I'm interested in improving and getting something else. I have made this thread because I just want to ask if anyone knows any apprenticeships that do require qualifications at all, im looking for something like construction, motor industry, building etc. I made this thread just to tell people my situation but mostly to ask if anyone knows any where in particular that can offer an aprentiship.
Reply 1
Bump
First of all, it is not stupid of you to drop out of college. May i ask what year would you have been if you were still studying?
Also check out the Gov apprenticeship website, its very helpful!
Reply 3
Original post by SelinaV
First of all, it is not stupid of you to drop out of college. May i ask what year would you have been if you were still studying?
Also check out the Gov apprenticeship website, its very helpful!

Cheers, I wasn't in a specific year but im 21 and I was doing maths and English
Reply 4
No-one thought you were stupid for dropping out, but they did question your choice of not going to the doctor for help with your mental health, and your lack of plans for what you would do next, given you have no qualifications and were being vague on careers.

So you've made about £100; selling like that isn't sustainable and you need to get some education and employment.
(edited 3 years ago)
First and foremost, you need to get you mental health sorted out because you will just continue to drop out of jobs and apprenticeships just like you have dropped out of college several times.

Mr Google can help you to find more information about apprenticeships. We can't help as we don't even know where you live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending