The Student Room Group

What's it like being English at a Scottish University?

Hi! I start Uni this year and plan to go to Strathclyde to study Politics and International Relations. I wondered what people's experience was like going from Sixth form/college in England to a Scottish University? Is there any kind of dislike towards English students or is there nothing there to talk about?
I'm just worried there might be some hostility towards us?
or is it even the other way around? Is there anything English students should know that annoy Scots/anything we should just be aware of that you've seen English students ignore?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I start Uni this year and plan to go to Strathclyde to study Politics and International Relations. I wondered what people's experience was like going from Sixth form/college in England to a Scottish University? Is there any kind of dislike towards English students or is there nothing there to talk about?
I'm just worried there might be some hostility towards us?
or is it even the other way around? Is there anything English students should know that annoy Scots/anything we should just be aware of that you've seen English students ignore?

You will be fine. Glasgow is a friendly, student-centric city. With the University of Glasgow, Strathclyde, Glasgow Caledonian and the Conservatoire there are thousands of students there. Strangely lots of American students come across to study vet science and there are thousands of international students there. Being English will not be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending