The Student Room Group

How can I get help without seeing anyone?

I don't want to see anyone professional because I don't believe they well help me, people are going to find out then its going to be so embarrassing and people will laugh at me. I don't mind doing exercise or things like that because exercise isn't embarassing, its normal and natural. Does anyone know anything that is not embarassing and natural that I can do to help my mental health? I was just looking at joining a gym thinking maybe that will keep me busy and distract me but it is expensive. Does anyone know anything else?

Scroll to see replies

why are you beating about the bush? clearly the problem is that you get embarrassed about things that shouldn't get you embarrassed and that's the issue
Reply 2
Original post by Gent2324
why are you beating about the bush? clearly the problem is that you get embarrassed about things that shouldn't get you embarrassed and that's the issue

I'm just asking on what else I can do other than seeing a professional
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just asking on what else I can do other than seeing a professional

the problem is that you think its embarrassing to see a health professional....

youre never going to fix the problem if you try to avoid tackling it. there's nothing you can do other than something you think is "embarrassing" to fix the problem.
Reply 4
the problem is that you think its embarrassing to see a health professional....

youre never going to fix the problem if you try to avoid tackling it. there's nothing you can do other than something you think is "embarrassing" to fix the problem.

In my opinion it is, I can have my own opinion.

I'm not avoiding tackling it, I've literally just asked in the op how can I help my mental health other ways
I don't want to see anyone professional because I don't believe they well help me, people are going to find out then its going to be so embarrassing and people will laugh at me. I don't mind doing exercise or things like that because exercise isn't embarassing, its normal and natural. Does anyone know anything that is not embarassing and natural that I can do to help my mental health? I was just looking at joining a gym thinking maybe that will keep me busy and distract me but it is expensive. Does anyone know anything else?

https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/self-care/
Reply 6

I'm not avoiding tackling it, I've literally just asked in the op how can I help my mental health other ways

How can you help yourself when you don't know what the problem Is, because you haven't seen anyone to be diagnosed?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
How can you help yourself when you don't know what the problem Is, because you haven't seen anyone to be diagnosed?

I don't need to know what it is as long as I get better.
Reply 9
Thanks for the link @GabiAbi84. I will give you rep
Thanks for the link @GabiAbi84. I will give you rep

No worries.
Hope you find what you’re looking for.
Though without knowing the root of the problem you will just make it worse, and finding professional help “embarrassing” will not help you in the long run.
But anyways, there’s 94 suggestions.
Reply 11
'Get help' implies that you want someone else to help you. You cant exactly get help if you dont want to get help..?
Original post by GabiAbi84
No worries.
Hope you find what you’re looking for.
Though without knowing the root of the problem you will just make it worse, and finding professional help “embarrassing” will not help you in the long run.
But anyways, there’s 94 suggestions.

Nice. I should not have said its embarassing, it isn't really but I just don’t want to see anyone.

you are avoiding it, you dont want to do something that you find embarrassing, that's called avoiding.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
'Get help' implies that you want someone else to help you. You cant exactly get help if you dont want to get help..?

Yes I can help myself. Im asking for tips to help myself without seeing anyone
you are avoiding it, you dont want to do something that you find embarrassing, that's called avoiding.

Yes and I'm allowed to. I want to self help myself
Yes and I'm allowed to. I want to self help myself

hence why i said youre beating about the bush
hence why i said youre beating about the bush

If you can't help don't reply
If you can't help don't reply

one day you will see that the root cause is what needs to be fixed
one day you will see that the root cause is what needs to be fixed