The Student Room Group

How and when to tell my bf that I’m a virgin?

So this is really embarrassing. I’ve dated him for a couple of months, we started talking in November during lockdown 2 and I was kind of bored and didn’t think it would lead anywhere.

When we got onto the topic of sex, I’m embarrassed about being a virgin at 20 years old so I told him I’m not and said I’d slept with two people. That was at the very start of when we started talking I know I shouldn’t have lied but I wasn’t thinking (and was embarrassed) and I had a bf before who didn’t believe I was a virgin when I told him.

Now I realize it’s going to be a problem because it’s gonna be obvious (if I bleed) unless I have sex with him on my period or something (which I’ve actually considered). Should I just tell him or just wing it? And if so, how should I tell him and when? Sooner rather than later or just before we have sex or something.
just be honest. tell him that you're sorry you lied, explain that you felt embarrassed. it might be awkward but it'll be worth it once its out there. im sure hell appreciate the honesty and then you can both decide what to do from then on.
You actually shouldn’t bleed on your first time, as long as you’re adequately prepared for it. However, I still think you should be open with him about it as honesty is very importent. If he reacts badly then that’s a good sign that he’s not someone you should sleep with anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending