The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from my second year at University

Hello, right now I am really nervous about a lot of things
I experienced a high level of stress and anxiety away from my parents and the norm of everything. I attended and copied at my university and managed to pass the first year but then COVID 19 happened which impacted my ability to cope in my second year and amongst other things like not liking who I was living with, it all got too much.

Now, in the middle of an pandemic I been thinking about university again. However I am unsure about my options. I would like to study in London instead of York my hometown but I don't know, how is the student finance application process like?

I think I would apply for the same course because it was not the course but the way I handled everything.

Thank you
Original post by Lulu27292
Hello, right now I am really nervous about a lot of things
I experienced a high level of stress and anxiety away from my parents and the norm of everything. I attended and copied at my university and managed to pass the first year but then COVID 19 happened which impacted my ability to cope in my second year and amongst other things like not liking who I was living with, it all got too much.

Now, in the middle of an pandemic I been thinking about university again. However I am unsure about my options. I would like to study in London instead of York my hometown but I don't know, how is the student finance application process like?

I think I would apply for the same course because it was not the course but the way I handled everything.

Thank you

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced over the past ten months. 2020 proved to be a very stressful and anxiety induced year so we can only hope that this year will be easier for us all.
Firstly, it's great to hear that you are thinking about giving your university experience another go in London.
At the University of Westminster, we have some of the most centrally located campuses with a diverse range of courses that might just suit your new direction.

All applications to our undergraduate courses are made through UCAS and the final application deadline is the 30 June 2021 for September 2021 start courses. Therefore we advise an early application before 6pm on the 29th January 2021.

Please feel free to take a look at our courses at https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending