The Student Room Group

How do I cancel my university offer?

Last year I applied and got accepted to the university of Hertfordshire, I differed it because I instead went to study Japanese in japan. I now play to study in Japan for a year and a half and no longer wish to go to England

I have recently received my offer again, it is unconditional. I was previously using UCAS to apply and now in my UCAS account it no longer shows my application or acceptance or new offer. So how can I cancel the offer??? Please help I’m very confused
Original post by Animee2109
Last year I applied and got accepted to the university of Hertfordshire, I differed it because I instead went to study Japanese in japan. I now play to study in Japan for a year and a half and no longer wish to go to England

contact the university's admissions team

I have recently received my offer again, it is unconditional. I was previously using UCAS to apply and now in my UCAS account it no longer shows my application or acceptance or new offer. So how can I cancel the offer??? Please help I’m very confused

When you say, "I have recently received my offer again", that was presumably directly from the university (given that your UCAS account show no sign of the offer). So contact the university directly and explain that you no longer need the deferred offer.
Just email the uni to confirm that you won't be taking up the place.
It's understandable that you're feeling isolated and considering a change. Here are some factors to weigh when making your decision:

Social Experience: Starting fresh in the first year at a campus university could provide a richer social experience, as everyone is new and looking to make friends. However, transferring into the second year might still offer opportunities to socialize and engage with classmates.

Academic Load: Consider the workload and curriculum differences between the first and second years. If the second year is significantly more challenging, it might impact your ability to participate in social activities.

Gap Year: Taking a gap year can provide valuable life experiences and potentially enhance your university application. However, it might be harder to transition back to academic life after a year away.

Edge Hill: Research extensively about Edge Hill University. Look for student testimonials, campus life, and available support services. Visit the campus if possible during open days to get a feel for the environment.

Talk to Current Students: If you can, talk to students currently attending Edge Hill. They can provide insights into the social scene, workload, and overall university experience.

Career Implications: Consider how each choice aligns with your long-term career goals. Some fields value continuous academic progression, while others focus more on skills and experience.

Ultimately, trust your instincts and choose the path that aligns best with your personal and academic goals. Don't hesitate to seek guidance from teachers, counselors, or mentors who know you well.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU Rep

Original post by flamingolover
contact the university's admissions team

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out to check on this.
I've spoken to our Admissions team and there is nothing you need to do at this point - our team will contact all deferred applicants in May next year to ask if you still intend to join Herts.
You won't see anything in UCAS and just need to wait for us to reach out next May.
If you would like to action your withdrawal before this happens, you can email [email protected] to confirm you wish to withdraw your acceptance and our Admissions team will be able to help.
Hope this reassures you!
Best wishes with your continued studies in Japan.
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending