The Student Room Group

Plagiarism issue at uni

Basically... My work got marked by my teacher who gave me a grade after marking my assignment for uni. I was worried about plagiarism and being caught out but it seems that it has not been found out to be the case.

Can they still call me in for an interview after my work has been marked?

All I know is that samples of the class assignments have been sent to external examinera.

Am I in the clear now or can they still investigate even after grading my work?
Don't hang your hat just yet. I wouldn't be so optimistic if I were you. There is no doubt they will contact you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Don't hang your hat just yet. I wouldn't be so optimistic if I were you. There is no doubt they will contact you.

Sorry it wasn't plagiarism. It was in fact collusion.

What should I say 😭
Sorry it wasn't plagiarism. It was in fact collusion.

What should I say 😭

what happen ??
Original post by Laraaaaax
what happen ??

Hey, nothing. I passed. But it's weird because the friend who copied me got a higher grade than me.... I think they may have lowered my grade by like 10% maybe
Original post by Random_user45
Hey, nothing. I passed. But it's weird because the friend who copied me got a higher grade than me.... I think they may have lowered my grade by like 10% maybe

I like the way you sound very hard-done-by, when you're actually incredibly lucky that your plagiarism wasn't identified (yet).
Reply 6
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I like the way you sound very hard-done-by, when you're actually incredibly lucky that your plagiarism wasn't identified (yet).

It's been 4 months though
Yes they can still levy you with academic misconduct, and enact the university disciplinary procedures.

Will they? Very hard to say. If it hasnt been picked up so far their is probably a good chance it gets passed over by the external examiner.
Reply 8
Original post by mnot
Yes they can still levy you with academic misconduct, and enact the university disciplinary procedures.

Will they? Very hard to say. If it hasnt been picked up so far their is probably a good chance it gets passed over by the external examiner.

But after 4 months it seems highly unlikely, surely.

Can they find out and not notify me of it, but when it comes 6o graduation, can they strip me of degree?
But after 4 months it seems highly unlikely, surely.

Can they find out and not notify me of it, but when it comes 6o graduation, can they strip me of degree?

could be collecting more evidence to make a case on you???
could be collecting more evidence to make a case on you???

I mean it wouldn't take 4 months to make a case against me. I think they just didn't notice, it wasn't tooooo similar anyways.
Surprised you passed maybe the university was lenient on you.
Original post by Random_user45

was there any difference in your marks/grades between provisionals and final results?
Surprised you passed maybe the university was lenient on you.

most likely didn't spot it. The OP would be aware otherwise.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending