The Student Room Group

Do you think this is deliberate or not? Withholding information at work

Has anyone had any experience of this at work? Whatever I know I feel the urge to share at work (unless someone’s told me something in confidence etc) but obviously not everyone does.

I work in healthcare and my collegue will share the basics of the important things related to patients etc (well I assume he shares everything lol) but it’s other things related to the service he doesn’t tell and when I ask it’s like getting blood from a stone.

For example we were discussing whether or not we had access down a certain corridor in the hospital (due to covid etc). He rang our manager and as he didn’t say anything after the call me and my collegues asked if he’d asked. He said ‘yea’ and we were like ‘and’ he said ‘well it depends’ then nothing. We were like ‘depends on what’ lol then he gave the most brief responses we had to dig for information.

Last week he came in and started reading some sheets for ages, then suddenly announced to our manager in our team meeting that he had a big presentation the next day. If he’d have told us before we could have thought of some ideas beforehand.

I’m not the best at keeping up with things I’m usually the last to know so I admit it partly could be me but my collegue agrees that he does withhold information, he thinks it might be a power thing. Or maybe it’s just how he is and a perfectly fine thing to do...I don’t know.

Does anyone experience this, or do this themselves ? If so why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending