The Student Room Group

I don’t know what to do anymore

I really don’t know what to do, I’m in year 13 and I just can’t take it anymore. I have offers from universities like Exeter and I really want to go there but I’m not going to be able to get the grades even though I’m predicted AAA. In order to get those grades I’m going to need to submit work and I’m finding that incredibly difficult right now and I’m falling really far behind. I wake up exhausted, go to sleep exhausted, it’s the same thing day in day out and I just can’t cope right now. I just don’t know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I go to sleep exhausted and wake up exhausted knowing it’ll just be the same thing all over again. I hate being online because I have constant headaches from it, plus I really can’t learn anything when it’s all online, I really suffer.
Hi , i understand how your feeling as i myself has been in the same position as you. you should take a day off and focus on yourself. focus on what makes you happy. whether thats learning a new hobby or just focusing on what brings you happiness. all i can say that it does get better but you must believe in yourself. if your exhausted try and fight that exhausted feeling. it will take time but i believe you will overcome this!

if you need to talk to anyone , im here. also the fact that you got offers from those unis means so much.
i feel exactly the same way I'm predicted A*AB and I've got solid offers but the will has left and is not coming back. xoxo gossip girl
Reply 4
Original post by jameshorrow
Hi , i understand how your feeling as i myself has been in the same position as you. you should take a day off and focus on yourself. focus on what makes you happy. whether thats learning a new hobby or just focusing on what brings you happiness. all i can say that it does get better but you must believe in yourself. if your exhausted try and fight that exhausted feeling. it will take time but i believe you will overcome this!

if you need to talk to anyone , im here. also the fact that you got offers from those unis means so much.

It means nothing as I probably won’t get in
Original post by Anonymous
It means nothing as I probably won’t get in

the fact that they have sent u a offer means so much. it means that they are impressed and find you unique out off all the candidates. you should be proud.
Reply 6
Hi, I'm finding it hard too. Don't be afraid to take a break, or even a year out if you need to. You can always defer your university placement so that it will start next year instead. And talk to your teachers - you can get extensions for all your assignments. I know its not much but st this point, every little helps. The only thing that works for me is to give myself proper time off - like, after 5pm or Saturday I am NOT doing any studying. I needed to give myself guilt-free time where I could do something other than schoolwork and not stress about not doing anything
Reply 7
the fact that they have sent u a offer means so much. it means that they are impressed and find you unique out off all the candidates. you should be proud.

As I said, means nothing, if I don’t get the grades I won’t get accepted
Reply 8
On a side note - see if you can order some blue light filter glasses! I was getting headaches too and they stopped when I started wearing them while working on my laptop. I felt loads better once I stopped feeling like I was getting ill all the time
Reply 9
Original post by elamle
Hi, I'm finding it hard too. Don't be afraid to take a break, or even a year out if you need to. You can always defer your university placement so that it will start next year instead. And talk to your teachers - you can get extensions for all your assignments. I know its not much but st this point, every little helps. The only thing that works for me is to give myself proper time off - like, after 5pm or Saturday I am NOT doing any studying. I needed to give myself guilt-free time where I could do something other than schoolwork and not stress about not doing anything

I can’t afford to take a break or not work, the only time I have is a walk every day for about an hour that’s it, I’m working most of the day to catch up.
As I said, means nothing, if I don’t get the grades I won’t get accepted

You said the word "if" it shows you have the feeling that you will get in. keep working hard and you will get in.
You said the word "if" it shows you have the feeling that you will get in. keep working hard and you will get in.

I know I won’t get the grades though

You will get the grades if you believe in yourself.
Reply 13
This is literally me, I was trying to do dentistry but theres no way im getting 3A’s anymore. So I’m thinking about either retaking alevels or j dropping out.

Look sounds like to me you're in a situation not too dissimilar to mine. I'm at uni studying chem and feeling less motivated. Do not worry. First step reset your body clock I.e. you sleep cycle. If you're anything like me you're tired because u sleep at irregular times and have no consistency. Take breaks to refresh your mind. You got this good luck. Sorry couldnt give more advice
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Look sounds like to me you're in a situation not too dissimilar to mine. I'm at uni studying chem and feeling less motivated. Do not worry. First step reset your body clock I.e. you sleep cycle. If you're anything like me you're tired because u sleep at irregular times and have no consistency. Take breaks to refresh your mind. You got this good luck. Sorry couldnt give more advice

I have a very consistent sleep schedule
I have a very consistent sleep schedule

Well then I'm shocked but I here u bro. I myself am struggling for motivation and well uni is no picnic. So much content. I guess I could do w a bit more motivation too. Good luck
Keep trying and I'm sure you'll reach your goal.
Original post by Yinal
This is literally me, I was trying to do dentistry but theres no way im getting 3A’s anymore. So I’m thinking about either retaking alevels or j dropping out.

Same here
I go to sleep exhausted and wake up exhausted knowing it’ll just be the same thing all over again. I hate being online because I have constant headaches from it, plus I really can’t learn anything when it’s all online, I really suffer.

oh my god babes that sounds horrendous
im so sorry for ya
Pm me if you wanna chat or vent or anything
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending