The Student Room Group

Help...

Hello, my mom receives HB but next year I will be going on a paid placement year. Does this mean that: 1. My sisters maintenance loan will be affected by my “salary” 2. My moms HB will be deducted since I’ll be living home?
Original post by sxrx_xo
Hello, my mom receives HB but next year I will be going on a paid placement year. Does this mean that: 1. My sisters maintenance loan will be affected by my “salary” 2. My moms HB will be deducted since I’ll be living home?

I am not 100% sure about the HB as I don't know what that is (sorry about that), however what your Mum gets or what your sister gets should be completely independent from your salary. The only time it might effect your Mums HB and you sisters student loan is if your Mum or sister is dependent on you and hence uses your salary, but other than that it shouldn't effect it at all and should be seen as independent. Your sisters student loan should only be dependents on her parents not her siblings, hence why for student loan they never ask for your siblings salary, rather they ask for your parents salary. Like for example I work and go to university, I live with my parents, and my brother goes to University, but my brothers maintenance loan was not effected at all, except from what my parents was earning. The only thing that got effected because I was working was my own student loan for next year and this is all. I hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by James5252Johnson
I am not 100% sure about the HB as I don't know what that is (sorry about that), however what your Mum gets or what your sister gets should be completely independent from your salary. The only time it might effect your Mums HB and you sisters student loan is if your Mum or sister is dependent on you and hence uses your salary, but other than that it shouldn't effect it at all and should be seen as independent. Your sisters student loan should only be dependents on her parents not her siblings, hence why for student loan they never ask for your siblings salary, rather they ask for your parents salary. Like for example I work and go to university, I live with my parents, and my brother goes to University, but my brothers maintenance loan was not effected at all, except from what my parents was earning. The only thing that got effected because I was working was my own student loan for next year and this is all. I hope this helps.

Hey x
Thank you so much for your reply. HB refers to Housing Benefit :smile:
Original post by sxrx_xo
Hey x
Thank you so much for your reply. HB refers to Housing Benefit :smile:

Hey,
Your welcome, but regarding housing benefits, you may need to check this with the person giving the housing benefit, but I think because your still a full time student or if your earning is below a certain amount, your Mums housing benefit should not be effected (but please check this with your agent to be sure). But your sisters maintenance loan is not effected and is independent from you.
Reply 4
Original post by James5252Johnson
Hey,
Your welcome, but regarding housing benefits, you may need to check this with the person giving the housing benefit, but I think because your still a full time student or if your earning is below a certain amount, your Mums housing benefit should not be effected (but please check this with your agent to be sure). But your sisters maintenance loan is not effected and is independent from you.

Got it, thanks again it’s highly appreciated 🙏🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending