The Student Room Group

What is a medical PA??

????
Reply 1
Could mean a number of things - Physician Associate? Personal Assistant? Programmed Activity? Pulmonary Artery? What's the context?
Reply 2
p

Original post by Helenia
Could mean a number of things - Physician Associate? Personal Assistant? Programmed Activity? Pulmonary Artery? What's the context?

personal assistant?......
Reply 3
pls help.......... i actually don't know what be when I'm older and that's why im asking because I was just researching careers and I don't know what a medical secretary/personal assistant is ?

pls help.....
Reply 4
????????i really want to be one but i dont acc know what it does or what you do lol but someone help thanks........ im in year 11
???????

in like which subjects to choose at a-level and what qualifications do i need to be one ? health and social?

i have researched but never said anything lol....
A medical personal assistant? Do you mean a medical secretary? Or a hospital based support worker? Sorry, it’s not clear.
If it’s a medical secretary they usually come from elsewhere in the NHS - there are no formal entry requirements A Level wise but generally typing qualifications would be advantageous. Your typing needs to be extremely fast and accurate with good spelling and grammar, you’d also need at least a basic knowledge of medical terminology and shorthand (as in medical shorthand).

Your best bet is to do whatever subjects interest you and then try to get an admin job or apprenticeship within the health service.
Original post by HorribleHatty
If it’s a medical secretary they usually come from elsewhere in the NHS - there are no formal entry requirements A Level wise but generally typing qualifications would be advantageous. Your typing needs to be extremely fast and accurate with good spelling and grammar, you’d also need at least a basic knowledge of medical terminology and shorthand (as in medical shorthand).

Your best bet is to do whatever subjects interest you and then try to get an admin job or apprenticeship within the health service.

ohh ok thanks for telling me but can I go to university or no? Could i do it with health and social care

is it a good job to do? im not sure lol.....
Original post by user56789
ohh ok thanks for telling me but can I go to university or no?

Of course you can, but its hardly going to be needed is it.
I am in year 11 and i am not sure
i want to go to university so can i become one if i go uni?

what should i study at university?.....
like how do I become an medical personal assistant or sectary in the uk?

what do i have to study at a-levels and how do i get into it like the job??

what entry criterias are there

can I go to university to study to become an medical personal assistant or secatary??

i am not sure how to become one as i am in year 11 and i am not sure what career to take so i was unsure if an personal assistant was right

is the job good or bad?
Do you mean *physician associate? Because I’ve never heard of any job going by the name of medical personal assistant or secretary. might be able to help you.

Quick Reply

Latest