The Student Room Group

How do you define a simp?

A little new to the concept of guys but I've been told that the ones that are interested in me so far are simps. Generally speaking, how do you define what a simp is as some guys are just nice and kind and I don't think it's fair to call them simps for being decent individuals. Any thoughts x
Never encountered this word before, but there are plenty of definitions around the web. However, I get the impression that the word 'simp' may tell you more about the person using it than the person it's used about. Specifically, it seems mainly to be used by misogynists, 'incels', and men's rights activists. I'd suggest you steer clear of those people and ignore what they tell you about 'simps'.
Original post by Anonymous
A little new to the concept of guys but I've been told that the ones that are interested in me so far are simps. Generally speaking, how do you define what a simp is as some guys are just nice and kind and I don't think it's fair to call them simps for being decent individuals. Any thoughts x

You've been told by whom?

By some idiot that doesn't have a clue when it comes to relationships?

Ignore them.
Or laugh along with what they say.

There is almost no corelation between how successful a person is in adult life and whether they came over as a "simp" or a "jock" in school or college.
Especially not with all the high paying jobs and fortunes made in tech companies in 2021.

In UK schools there's this totally stupid culture where negativity / laziness / intolerance / being cruel is seen as cool.
Whilst positiivity / hard work / tolerance / being polite is seen as uncool.

Whereas in the adult world it's pretty much the opposite.
basically yeah when mfs spend their whole lives deprived of real female contact they either become jacked extremists or worship the ground you walk on in the hopes that maybe you'll nod in their direction, there's no in between. The latter are called simps
IMO being a simp is being nice to a fault and generally with visible desperation and self interest. It's got nothing to do with simply being decent
Someone who praises a woman above their own self respect (to the point they will give their money and so on for little return) purely because she's a woman.
Simp is generally defined as just as a guy who is so desperate for attention from a female (or women as general) they'll be generally overnice, overbearing, just generally 'too much' to be around. Generally they'll be the same kind of guys who'll eventually complain of being 'friend zoned' because a girl didn't like them even though they were 'nice' to them....

It's not applied simply because someone is nice to a female.
they can't put a woman in her place, they always cave in and try to please her even if she is fake and manipulating. very off putting
Reply 8
Original post by Hallouminatus
Never encountered this word before, but there are plenty of definitions around the web. However, I get the impression that the word 'simp' may tell you more about the person using it than the person it's used about. Specifically, it seems mainly to be used by misogynists, 'incels', and men's rights activists. I'd suggest you steer clear of those people and ignore what they tell you about 'simps'.

tbh the word is actually pretty mainstream. You must be out of touch if you're only just hearing about it today.
It's all over youtube and everything ..lol

I thought it was basically the old 'nice-guy' but taken to the extreme.. e.g. giving streamers/cam-girls tons of money, 'defending' women at all cost, laying down and doing anything/everything your told etc. but all with the same needy manipulative stuff that goes along with 'nice-guys' e.g. the women owes them because they show basic nice-ness.

If you want to test if these boys are simps, ask them to do something unreasoanble, or agree with something unreasonable. If they go along with it - don't bother with them. if they stand up to you, refuse and have the backbone to deal with it like a man, then you might have just a nice guy, rather than a nice-guy/simp.
I think it’s not just a case of “being nice” to a woman, but being so sycophantic that it comes across as insincere, like someone sucking up to their boss hoping for a promotion.

The kind of people who feel the need to do that are probably the ones who don’t get very many opportunities with women, or don’t have confidence in the fact that they can be attractive just by being themselves. And nobody wants to be with someone who is only with them because they couldn’t get anyone else.

It just comes across as cheap, where you have to offer yourself at a discount because supposedly nobody will even look at you otherwise. Kind of like the male equivalent of being a slut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending