The Student Room Group

It’s Pancake Day! What’s your favourite topping?

It’s gotta be simple lemon and sugar for me.

Bonus question: thick American style pancakes or thin wispy crepes?

Scroll to see replies

i’d go with the classics crepes with nutella or american style with maple syrup 😋
Original post by summerberry19

Crepes - with either lemon and sugar, maple syrup and strawberries or nutella and banana.

I'm going to have one of each later :lol:
Reply 3
Oof nutella and strawberries for me :blush:
Pancakes = thick American ones.
Thin ones = crepes.

So, with that said, my favourite pancakes are buttermilk pancakes + maple syrup OR with scrambled eggs, bacon and maybe some syrup too :biggrin:.
Reply 5
Maple Syrup and Butter!
Nutella and strawberries and hazelnuts
Sugar and lemon on crepes
Has to be chilli for me :eating:
Reply 8
I personally like the classic one, the plain pancake with lots of fresh lemon squeezed over it and perhaps a teaspoon of sugar sprinkled on it - I like the fresh, tart taste.

However .....

I have spent some time in Vienna where the classic pancake is called the Palatschinken; it's very popular and a super treat with a coffee in Vienna's cafes.

You can get Palatschinken with a whole range of fillings, savoury and sweet, but one of the classics is this one. The filling is made from sugar, walnuts and rum; the sauce is made from cream and chocolate.

When I had this in Vienna, it came to the table in an open air cafe accompanied by a dish of whipped cream to serve with it!!!

https://www.wien.info/en/shopping-wining-dining/viennese-cuisine/recipes/schoko-nuss-palatschinken
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
With just sugar is my favourite! 😋
Today for lunch I had buttermilk pancakes with blueberries, bananas, strawberries & maple syrup.

I also like sweet & savoury crepes though.
Lemon + sugar :cookie:
Biscoff spread
Reply 13
Bacon and maple syrup :ahee:
sugar or nutella, however it's been 3 years since I've had a pancake so perhaps tastes have changed

thick American ones with maple syrup and bananas :colone:
omg how did i forget?? i'm off to make some
Sugar and ice cream for me

gar
Nutella
Reply 19
Original post by Kerzen
I have spent some time in Vienna where the classic pancake is called the Palatschinken; it's very popular and a super treat with a coffee in Vienna's cafes.

You can get Palatschinken with a whole range of fillings, savoury and sweet, but one of the classics is this one. The filling is made from sugar, walnuts and rum; the sauce is made from cream and chocolate.

When I had this in Vienna, it came to the table in an open air cafe accompanied by a dish of whipped cream to serve with it!!!

https://www.wien.info/en/shopping-wining-dining/viennese-cuisine/recipes/schoko-nuss-palatschinken

They sound lovely! I would love to try these in Vienna one day :h:

Quick Reply

Latest