The Student Room Group

Can’t go multiple rounds of sex

When I first started having sex with my current gf I struggled to stay hard and/or finish. I’ve since put this down to anxiety and too much masturbation but for a long time I was very stressed about it (still am really even tho it’s very rarely a problem now) so I am naturally quite insecure about issues with the lil fella.

I now have a question, like when I do finish (which is often) from sex that’s usually me out for like a good day and I can get like semis sometimes but it’s not like some people who are ready after like 20mins. I’m only 18 and this seems weird to me, I’m gonna book like a blood test to see if it’s hormonal but I just wanna know if anyone else has/had this at such a young age
Original post by Anonymous
When I first started having sex with my current gf I struggled to stay hard and/or finish. I’ve since put this down to anxiety and too much masturbation but for a long time I was very stressed about it (still am really even tho it’s very rarely a problem now) so I am naturally quite insecure about issues with the lil fella.

I now have a question, like when I do finish (which is often) from sex that’s usually me out for like a good day and I can get like semis sometimes but it’s not like some people who are ready after like 20mins. I’m only 18 and this seems weird to me, I’m gonna book like a blood test to see if it’s hormonal but I just wanna know if anyone else has/had this at such a young age

There is a "refractory period" for men, in which it can become very difficult for men to have another orgasm within ~15 mins of their first. Its pretty common but the exact time does vary from person to person, 20 mins doesn't sound like too big of an issue.
Reply 2
There is a "refractory period" for men, in which it can become very difficult for men to have another orgasm within ~15 mins of their first. Its pretty common but the exact time does vary from person to person, 20 mins doesn't sound like too big of an issue.

No what I’m saying is it isn’t 20mins. It’s much longer than that, like anything up to like a day. I think the quickest I’ve ever been able to do it after was an hour but this was an absolute exception. It’s usually like 8 even tho I’m 18
No what I’m saying is it isn’t 20mins. It’s much longer than that, like anything up to like a day. I think the quickest I’ve ever been able to do it after was an hour but this was an absolute exception. It’s usually like 8 even tho I’m 18

Ah ok I misread, if you are going to see a doctor you are doing the right thing. I'm not a medical doctor but I doubt it would be anything extremely serious, you may even just be given a bunch of recommendations surrounding diet and exercise.
It's definitely worth talking to your GP as they can help with any underlying issues :smile:
In the meantime I wouldn't worry too much - it may just be that this is normal for you, and as long as you're both enjoying your sex life it doesn't have to be a problem.
If you are overweight or otherwise unfit then that may be a cause of not being able to perform a second time within an hour or so. If you are anxious about the situation then that can also be a big factor. A lot of sex is about having confidence - lose that and you may well simply lose your erection.
It does not sound like you have much basically wrong with you if you are able to perform once. You must remember that the biological function of intercourse is to inseminate the female. Only humans expect to be able to enjoy it and repeat the performance.
Masturbation is good training for the male to understand his body and how it functions (they are not all identical). As you grow older you may be more than happy to be able to have intercourse twice a week!
Your doctor may be able to help & it is worth asking. You may find you do have something wrong such as diabetes or a host of other illnesses.
The crucial thing is not to worry about this as anxiety will most definitely make matters worse, not better.

Quick Reply

Latest