The Student Room Group

could i have gotten pregnant

i finished my period on 20th july it only lasted 2 days which is unusual,i had unprotected sex today the 22nd july but he didnt finish inside he had delayed ejaculation could i have gotten pregnant from pre *** at this stage in my cycle btw its usually 24/25 days long
Reply 1
No, you are safe. Pre-*** basically a myth
Reply 2
Original post by Apachecow
No, you are safe. Pre-*** basically a myth

oh rlly on the nhs website it says preum can cause pregnancy tho
Reply 3
Original post by flowers05
i finished my period on 20th july it only lasted 2 days which is unusual,i had unprotected sex today the 22nd july but he didnt finish inside he had delayed ejaculation could i have gotten pregnant from pre *** at this stage in my cycle btw its usually 24/25 days long

You are not safe precum can get you pregnant if you are really unlucky really not clever having unprotected sex unless you actually want a baby
Reply 4
Original post by Ni Ni
You are not safe precum can get you pregnant if you are really unlucky really not clever having unprotected sex unless you actually want a baby

but chances are really unlikely right?also i got extremely wet could that increase the chance and we went multiple rounds that were like an hour each will this increasse the chances?
Reply 5
Original post by flowers05
but chances are really unlikely right?also i got extremely wet could that increase the chance and we went multiple rounds that were like an hour each will this increasse the chances?

Unlikely but not impossible, and it is a bigger risk if you do it again soon after the first time
Reply 6
Original post by Ni Ni
Unlikely but not impossible, and it is a bigger risk if you do it again soon after the first time

alr ty for replying
Reply 7
Original post by Ni Ni

The risk is tiny, but I suppose never zero. I know nothing that suggests the risk would be greater after the first time - perhaps Ni Ni can explain?

Some studies and resources show that the pull-out method (when practised correctly 100% of the time) can be more effective than condoms or the pill - and that puts the risks from pre-*** in context. The problem, and why using that method really is NOT recommended, is that people don't always manage it with 100% success - and that is when the technique fails. Drunk, carried away, etc.

I think you can safely relax, but should consider your contraceptive options.
Reply 8
Original post by Apachecow
The risk is tiny, but I suppose never zero. I know nothing that suggests the risk would be greater after the first time - perhaps Ni Ni can explain?

Some studies and resources show that the pull-out method (when practised correctly 100% of the time) can be more effective than condoms or the pill - and that puts the risks from pre-*** in context. The problem, and why using that method really is NOT recommended, is that people don't always manage it with 100% success - and that is when the technique fails. Drunk, carried away, etc.

I think you can safely relax, but should consider your contraceptive options.

If you do it again so soon after last time there could be left over *** or more pre ***

Quick Reply

Latest