The Student Room Group

Tesco Investigation Meetings

Hey,

In the past I have had 2 disciplinary due to walk offs on self serve. The last one was over 2 years ago. I took tags of and customers left without paying.

I believe this has happened again and now I’ve been given an investigation meeting.

I’m worried if I’ll be sacked or not, has anyone got any advice?
Original post by khanr1322
Hey,

In the past I have had 2 disciplinary due to walk offs on self serve. The last one was over 2 years ago. I took tags of and customers left without paying.

I believe this has happened again and now I’ve been given an investigation meeting.

I’m worried if I’ll be sacked or not, has anyone got any advice?

So what evidence is there to state you'll be getting sacked as all you said " I believe this has happened again & now been given an investigation meeting " !!
What did you do wrong that has caused this to happen !!!

What did they do last time with this - what action did your manager took !!

Don't think you'll get sacked.
Reply 2
doubt they’ll sack you if the first one was 2 years ago.

if you made this same mistake twice in the space of a week then i reckon you would have trouble on your hands but nah i doubt they’d sack you.
Original post by sy!¡
doubt they’ll sack you if the first one was 2 years ago.

if you made this same mistake twice in the space of a week then i reckon you would have trouble on your hands but nah i doubt they’d sack you.

There’s no guarantee until the meeting is conducted. It could go either way as OP hasn’t evidently learnt from their 1st mistake to let it occur once again.
Reply 4
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
There’s no guarantee until the meeting is conducted. It could go either way as OP hasn’t evidently learnt from their 1st mistake to let it occur once again.

it was over two years ago tho, they might be lenient :colondollar:

i used to work at tesco and the EXACT same thing happened to me...i took tags off some alcohol bottles and some guy made off without paying and i didn’t even get a disciplinary lmao i just got some verbal.

tbh, imo tesco aren’t really that strict
Original post by sy!¡

i used to work at tesco and the EXACT same thing happened to me...i took tags off some alcohol bottles and some guy made off without paying and i didn’t even get a disciplinary lmao i just got some verbal.

I’m honestly surprised by that tbh. I have got sacked from various places, it was side jobs back when I was a teenager.

Yet, a store like Tescos allows you to get away with examples as above? 😱
Original post by sy!¡

True
Most of the managers not got a clue about disciplinary matters at tesco as I was shop stewart for 6 years with them years ago so you right on strictness.
Reply 7
I’m honestly surprised by that tbh. I have got sacked from various places, it was side jobs back when I was a teenager.

they make so much money a day, and they also lose thousands to shrink every year that they just don’t care lol. it’s not like that £27 bottle of alcohol will reduce their yearly profits :h:

Yeah management at majority of stores ain't clue up with things on disciplines as hr comes in but they too aren't to good.
Tesco don't train then properly and like sy!; said they don't care
Original post by sy!¡
they make so much money a day, and they also lose thousands to shrink every year that they just don’t care lol. it’s not like that £27 bottle of alcohol will reduce their yearly profits :h:

Shows where they’re priority is. They’re more focused upon the money rather then come out with a policy that help protect customers and staff.
Shows where they’re priority is. They’re more focused upon the money rather then come out with a policy that help protect customers and staff.

yeah lol that’s tesco’s for you:colondollar:

Yes money over staff & customers like
Reply 12
Original post by Tracey_W
So what evidence is there to state you'll be getting sacked as all you said " I believe this has happened again & now been given an investigation meeting " !!
What did you do wrong that has caused this to happen !!!

What did they do last time with this - what action did your manager took !!

Don't think you'll get sacked.

Well, I’ve hard verbal and written warning. I’m just really worried, got so much stuff going on and I’m depressed with all sorts.
Original post by khanr1322
Well, I’ve hard verbal and written warning. I’m just really worried, got so much stuff going on and I’m depressed with all sorts.

If you’ve had verbal and written warnings, that’s already on your record.

So it maybe the case you would get sacked as there’s ample of times you can keep making mistakes before you learn from them.

All the best irrespective of the outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending