The Student Room Group

Tfl 2021 graduate scheme

Hello everyone, haven't seen a thread for the TFL graduate scheme yet so I thought I would start one. I am applying for general management would be nice to hear how everyone finds their application process.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mxtsh
Hello everyone, haven't seen a thread for the TFL graduate scheme yet so I thought I would start one. I am applying for general management would be nice to hear how everyone finds their application process.

Hi, same here. I completed the situational test last Thursday. Was wondering if you get the G+ test straight away or if you have to wait, I haven’t received the email yet.
Original post by Hult
Hi, same here. I completed the situational test last Thursday. Was wondering if you get the G+ test straight away or if you have to wait, I haven’t received the email yet.

I applied for technology analyst, and did the SJT on Monday. I am still waiting to hear back...
Hi, I applied to the general management graduate role as well. I completed the SST test last Wednesday and got an invite to do the general ability (G+) test yesterday. I completed the test today and now waiting to hear back from them.
Reply 4
Hi I got invited to the general ability test do you have any tips to help out
It’s a test designed to challenge you- the calculations or problems you have to solve are not difficult but I felt they were worded in a manner which forced you to really think and problem solve). You’re given 36 minutes to complete 30 questions based on inductive reasoning, numerical and problem solving (including pattern based). They mark you on how many you get right, so if you can’t figure out an answer to a question, make a best guess and move on to the next one. They highlight in bold that if you don’t complete the test, there will be a score reduction. So it’s better to complete the test and guess some answers rather than spend a lot of time on a few questions and not complete it. There are a lot of practice tests available as well so attempt them before you do it.

The link for the practice tests: https://www.shl.com/shldirect/en/practice-tests/
Reply 6
Just did my SJT.
Reply 7
Yeah I have applied to the general management scheme, I completed the general ability test about 10 days ago still waiting for a reply.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pi97
Yeah I have applied to the general management scheme, I completed the general ability test about 10 days ago still waiting for a reply.

Hey, what types of questions did the SJT include? usually they are quite simple but I was just wonder what types of maths questions they have.
Reply 9
Original post by vickman111
Hey, what types of questions did the SJT include? usually they are quite simple but I was just wonder what types of maths questions they have.

The situational judgement test did not have any maths questions , the G+ (GENERAL ABILITY TEST) had maths questions. The G test had questions where you had to work out percentages/fraction/division there were also pattern related questions. The practice material will help you once you get the link to complete the G TEST you can practice first.
Reply 10
Has anyone gotten a video interview invite yet?
I'm also waiting on a video interview for general management! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by electrahearts
I'm also waiting on a video interview for general management! :smile:

How did you find the G+ test? How difficult was it?
I completed the G+ test two weeks ago now. Is anyone else still waiting for a video interview?
Original post by Rmadan
How did you find the G+ test? How difficult was it?

it was alright, the shape-related questions had me confused as hell sometimes, and the maths ones rly made it sink in that I haven't touched a calculator since my maths GCSE 6 years ago. overall though I think it went alright... let us pray x
Original post by chemgrad1414
I applied for technology analyst, and did the SJT on Monday. I am still waiting to hear back...

what did U study
Reply 16
Original post by electrahearts
it was alright, the shape-related questions had me confused as hell sometimes, and the maths ones rly made it sink in that I haven't touched a calculator since my maths GCSE 6 years ago. overall though I think it went alright... let us pray x

Same, done it last week. Found it incredibly hard particularly the inductive reasoning part. When did you do the test?
Reply 17
Got invited to do the G+ test.
Original post by Rmadan
Same, done it last week. Found it incredibly hard particularly the inductive reasoning part. When did you do the test?

Just over a week ago! Yesss I misread one of those, I thought it said 'which of these statements cannot be true', and then realised after I'd answered that it said 'which of these statements must be true'. Then realised you couldn't go back :'( Now I'm just refreshing my email inbox!
Reply 19
I did poorly on the test. Not expecting much now. I thought there was not enough time given to complete it to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest