Jam374744
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im currently in post 16 and im really not enjoying it at all. I hated school all the way up to year 11 and so im not really sure why i chose to take a levels. Ive been struggling and the school thinks im smart, but i really just cheat on tests and class work. Im in a sticky situation now. I hated a levels from the start and really want to drop out. I have found a course in music production and was thinking of joining that. I would received the same amount of UCAS points as three a levels by the end of the course so its definitely an option. My parents firmly believe that i should stay and complete my a levels and i havent even told them that im thinking of dropping out. Im in a very unhappy position. I have barely any friends in post 16 and i just hate school work. Should i drop out and join a course in music production? Or should i stick it out and continue doing what i hate for another year or so?
Last edited by Jam374744; 1 month ago
holly0212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would go for it, if that UCAS course gets you where u want to go and makes you happier then go for it. I hated my A-levels aswell but i finished them and i mostly regret doing it. Everyone's situation is different i wasn't struggling with the A-levels it was anxiety and the people in my year. There's just no point carrying on if ur not happy.
Jam374744
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly0212)
I would go for it, if that UCAS course gets you where u want to go and makes you happier then go for it. I hated my A-levels aswell but i finished them and i mostly regret doing it. Everyone's situation is different i wasn't struggling with the A-levels it was anxiety and the people in my year. There's just no point carrying on if ur not happy.
Thanks for the response. I reckon i'll tell my parents about the whole situation and hopefully they'll see where i'm coming from. Your comment helps because it gives me confidence that this is the right decision. Cheers
username5671834
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jam374744)
Thanks for the response. I reckon i'll tell my parents about the whole situation and hopefully they'll see where i'm coming from. Your comment helps because it gives me confidence that this is the right decision. Cheers
With lockdown and delay of lessons, im considering it aswell
Jam374744
Rep:
?
(Original post by username5671834)
With lockdown and delay of lessons, im considering it aswell
What other options have you been looking at?
holly0212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jam374744)
no problem. I think A-levels are kinda overrated they aren't worth being unhappy over there's always other options. I hope it all goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads