The Student Room Group

Why does America have all the good stuff...

All the good sweets, choclates, toys, Disney toys an dolls unavailable in the UK, most of the top actors, disney land, other places like cookie shops, :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No-one beats Daniel Craig.
Reply 2
And better weather, coffee, fluffier pancakes, and plugs.
The UK has some good things specific to it too though.
Move there then.
Original post by PhoenixRose338
Move there then.

It's very difficult to move to the US legally nowadays.

I don't like the way sweetness is added to so many things over there. I prefer American cuisine to British no question but many dishes seem to contain brown sugar, syrup, etc which I find redundant and sometimes sickening. Relax with the overly sweet **** pls.

That said, barbecue (south), cheeseburgers, pizza, sandwiches, etc all that is just better in the US than in Europe. Yeah Italian paninis and French baguettes included. They have the same stuff over there but like better, French and Italian Americans are everywhere.

I also don't agree with the actors. Go check how many Hollywood actors are British. The UK has probably the best actors in the world (taking size into comparison). Irish, Scottish, English actors are extremely talented and London's West End is comparable to Broadway.

There are advantages to living in the UK though if you're not particularly wealthy cuz you literally have to pay out of pocket for everything in the US. That is partly why everything is cheaper. You don't risk bankruptcy if you have to go to a hospital in the UK. You do have outrageously long waiting lists though which I assume is the price to pay for ''free'' healthcare for "all".
Also, their chocolate sucks!
Original post by Liveactionsxxx
All the good sweets, choclates, toys, Disney toys an dolls unavailable in the UK, most of the top actors, disney land, other places like cookie shops, :frown:

UK is much better still even though we do not have all those stuff.
Original post by PIMCO1234
UK is much better still even though we do not have all those stuff.

Yea I love it here BUT I wanna take a 1 hour flight stay in america for a week and go to all those places and satisfyingly walk down a street via a park and see leaves fall and eat a cookie and hot choc and meet Giselle (amy adams singing eee0)
Reply 8
the US is okay its not great not bad
Original post by Lwexi12
the US is okay its not great not bad

yeah what Lexi said, and the prez is stupid
Original post by LovelyMrFox
And better weather, coffee, fluffier pancakes, and plugs.
The UK has some good things specific to it too though.

ur certainly passionate about the plug situation
Reply 11
Original post by yeetouttawindow
ur certainly passionate about the plug situation

Very :yep:
Very :yep:

Our plugs are better :u:
Both are amazing and terrible in their own ways!
:h:

Spoiler

Reply 14
Debatably not terrible things.

America has lots of good stuff, its a bigger market and the population has more disposable income.

but America lacks good beer & cider, they drink Budweiser and coors light so I think the UK is still ahead.
Reply 16

NHS? :beard:
Reply 17
Debatably not terrible things.

The way the private healthcare system is run in the US undebatably results in the suffering of many, which I would argue is terrible.
Okay I'm ngl I'm jealous cos they have taco bell and Popeye's.
I want that too :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Da14a
The way the private healthcare system is run in the US undebatably results in the suffering of many, which I would argue is terrible.

While its far from perfect, US private healthcare is not as evil as UK media makes it out to be. The NHS has its flaws too.

Quick Reply

Latest