The Student Room Group

Should i cheat in my mocks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gregdixon2021
Honestly its up to you but if you do cheat then you're not proving yourself and you will be caught out for it at AS and A-level

ah okay. Thanks as well for all the reccomendations
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Okay guys thanks for the replies. I have started watching videos and making brief notes on topics I am struggling with. I will only look at a few questions and if I get a low mark, I always have the mini exams to prove my true ability.

So if you're taking those exams, what's the point of cheating on the mocks? At least get the proper practice in.
Original post by Sinnoh
So if you're taking those exams, what's the point of cheating on the mocks? At least get the proper practice in.

I know you should block this thread like the ones previously to stop any more illegal papers being bought
Reply 23
I know you should block this thread like the ones previously to stop any more illegal papers being bought

This isn't my section matey I'm in Study Help

Just to clarify, I am not selling or trying to buy papers. Was feeling very stressed and needed advice
Original post by Sinnoh
This isn't my section matey I'm in Study Help

Ooooh. Damn you've crossed borders. Ok.
Reply 26
Yes, it would be stupid not to cheat. This is like a free pass for everyone, for some numbers that seem important now, but your employer won’t care about in 7ish years time. Anyone who says not to cheat is just cope, I’d be jealous if I wasn’t getting this golden opportunity. Just don’t get caught.
Reply 27
Original post by LuluD4C
Yes, it would be stupid not to cheat. This is like a free pass for everyone, for some numbers that seem important now, but your employer won’t care about in 7ish years time. Anyone who says not to cheat is just cope, I’d be jealous if I wasn’t getting this golden opportunity. Just don’t get caught.

Well that argument can be flipped over, if they're so unimportant then what's the point in cheating
Original post by Sinnoh
Well that argument can be flipped over, if they're so unimportant then what's the point in cheating

Simon says Cheating is bad
Reply 29
Original post by Sinnoh

I didn’t say they were unimportant now, currently they are very important for the next steps in education, but later on gcses really don’t matter. Cheating on these exams will be so easy, it would be stupid to not take advantage of it.
Original post by LuluD4C
I didn’t say they were unimportant now, currently they are very important for the next steps in education, but later on gcses really don’t matter. Cheating on these exams will be so easy, it would be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Yes
Idk if its work cheating. I feel so stressed and overwhelmed with mocks starting next week. I usually get high grades so cheating wouldn't look suspicious but if I don't them I know I will flop and dissapoint everyone. Theres so much pressure on me to do well but I haven't done much revision. Should I cheat?

It’s tempting, really tempting, but honestly the guilt later on won’t be worth it. It’s better not to, but i completely understand if you did - the assessments this year are not fair at all. Every school is carrying out the tests differently, with some schools allowing notes during the tests( ?? ) but honestly trust me, the guilt won’t be worth it, and you might even start doubting your true capabilities later on if u get higher grades bc of cheating. Also if you don’t do well, that’s still okay! I’m sure your teachers will realise that’s it’s probably due to the pressure and not reflective of your usual performance. Don’t pressure yourself too much, and good luck!! :smile:
It’s tempting, really tempting, but honestly the guilt later on won’t be worth it. It’s better not to, but i completely understand if you did - the assessments this year are not fair at all. Every school is carrying out the tests differently, with some schools allowing notes during the tests( ?? ) but honestly trust me, the guilt won’t be worth it, and you might even start doubting your true capabilities later on if u get higher grades bc of cheating. Also if you don’t do well, that’s still okay! I’m sure your teachers will realise that’s it’s probably due to the pressure and not reflective of your usual performance. Don’t pressure yourself too much, and good luck!! :smile:

Best advice on this thread
No, the only person u'd be cheating is urself. Don't do it.
in all honesty there's actually no point of cheating even if you get high grades itll affect those who actually revise and what if you have more mocks youll be more tempted to cheat and in the future youll seek for answers and not actually be able to revise. it'll affect you in the long term.... please dont cheat its not fair on others that actually revise and youll most likely be guilty and when you get your gcse results it wont be because of your hard work itll all be because you cheated and youll have to carry that for the rest of your life.....

And later on in a levels you wont be able to cheat as a level exams will happen and you wont be aware of how to do an actual paper in exam conditions that you cant cheat on and this will DEFO affect you.

if you cheat its all on you but please dont its not worth it for you or others!!!

Even if you do bad you said you have high grades normally so i’m sure your teachers will realise that’s it’s most likely due to the pressure and not reflective of your usual performance.
REally???

dont

prsom
Best advice on this thread

Aww haha thank you :smile:
Okay thanks for the advice. You are right, the guilt would kill me and it's not fair on others. I will only look at a few questions and have promised myself to make notes/flashcards on all topics straight after these mocks so I am prepared for mini exams. I have had lots of stuff going on at home which has led to other issues and not being able to revise. Should I tell my school if I think it has affected me and my performance?
Okay thanks for the advice. You are right, the guilt would kill me and it's not fair on others. I will only look at a few questions and have promised myself to make notes/flashcards on all topics straight after these mocks so I am prepared for mini exams. I have had lots of stuff going on at home which has led to other issues and not being able to revise. Should I tell my school if I think it has affected me and my performance?

Yeah, you should probably let them know. They will most probably be understanding so don’t stress too much! also good luck with your revision :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending