Southampton Medicine (BM4 / BM5 / BM6) 2021 Offer Holders

Watch
siarc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are quite a few decent flats for sale in Southampton. I've seen several people looking at buying.

I'd definitely contemplate that, but I have no idea where abouts we'll be based. Does anyone know where the majority of non-placement teaching occurs?
theanimumonsieur
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emmab13)
Are you a BM4 or BM5 candidate?
Let's just say I've done it once and it's not an experience I would like to repeat at 23
Understandable. I’m BM5, and I was only asking because Idrk what halls are like + I’m international so I’m just super anxious about moving into halls haha
E2GM3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by siarc)
There are quite a few decent flats for sale in Southampton. I've seen several people looking at buying.

I'd definitely contemplate that, but I have no idea where abouts we'll be based. Does anyone know where the majority of non-placement teaching occurs?
It’ll be at high field campus or Southampton general
Hospital portswood is a good area to live for both of these
jrooney1993
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the clinical base for BM4 is in Winchester and Basingstoke in later years.. teaching mostly at highfield.
emmab13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theanimumonsieur)
Understandable. I’m BM5, and I was only asking because Idrk what halls are like + I’m international so I’m just super anxious about moving into halls haha
That's fair enough- in my experience halls was a good experience and as a first year it is the best place to be. I wouldn't be too anxious, everyone will be feeling the same. Good luck
Lucychapple
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking about sharing a house/flat with some other BM4 people. Anyone else thinking the same?
Gempleaseee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucychapple)
I was thinking about sharing a house/flat with some other BM4 people. Anyone else thinking the same?
I would be up for this! Better start looking soon, so much to do before september haha!!
Lucychapple
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know when the course starts?
Harriet_98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucychapple)
Does anyone know when the course starts?
On my confirmation email (received at 18:03 today) it said they anticipate the faculty induction will be during Fresher’s Week (week commencing 20th September) but that they’ll give us more detailed dates and times closer to the start of term.
So the course itself will probably start either that week or the following week (27th September) 😊
Lucychapple
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harriet_98)
On my confirmation email (received at 18:03 today) it said they anticipate the faculty induction will be during Fresher’s Week (week commencing 20th September) but that they’ll give us more detailed dates and times closer to the start of term.
So the course itself will probably start either that week or the following week (27th September) 😊
Thank you!!
chapin2017
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone have access to a course overview in calendar format for either BM4 (preferably) or BM5? Here's an example of what I'm looking for from another uni:
https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_714917_smxx.pdf
I can't find this anywhere online for Southampton but I was wondering if anyone has found it or if any current students have it. It doesn't need to be for next year specifically, I just would love a general overview of when would we do what. My main question is what time of the year is the 8 week elective in year 5? I'm also wondering if BM4 students have different term dates to BM5 students.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Floshaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any graduates/mature student on the BM5 firming?? X
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jrooney1993)
This is something that really baffles me about TSR. I’m sure ecolier could shed some light on it - I’ve been wanting to make some sort of group for offer holders (on f*****ok or something) but I couldn’t handle the heat of one of those “guys I’m so disappointed” messages.
As much as I trust that you guys are all adults, we can't have one rule for your group and another rule for e.g. the undergrads.

Plus, if you are allowed one - then who knows who's going to be joining. We can't verify who makes them and who joins them?

Finally, it's a TSR rule and it's not mine. Feel free to raise it at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215 to the actual people running the forums.
concernedLMAO
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know if it’s possible to defer on the BM4 course? Feels very odd even asking this when I worked so hard to get in but now without the stress looming over me a gap year post COVID has a real appeal... I was kind of expecting 4 rejections and had lots of stuff planned out lol.
E2GM3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
Does anyone know if it’s possible to defer on the BM4 course? Feels very odd even asking this when I worked so hard to get in but now without the stress looming over me a gap year post COVID has a real appeal... I was kind of expecting 4 rejections and had lots of stuff planned out lol.
I applied for deferred entry - I’ll message you and tell you what I know!
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by E2GM3)
I applied for deferred entry - I’ll message you and tell you what I know!
Cheers, really appreciate it. So many great people on this site
E2GM3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
Cheers, really appreciate it. So many great people on this site
I actually can’t work out how to message you (sorry!) please could you message me to start the convo
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by E2GM3)
I actually can’t work out how to message you (sorry!) please could you message me to start the convo
Done
Shaky2017
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone looking at private hall studios? I am tempted as I like my privacy and not a big drinker but am worried about isolating myself and never leaving one room ? If anyone has any experience with this it would be much appreciated
shawless000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shaky2017)
Anyone looking at private hall studios? I am tempted as I like my privacy and not a big drinker but am worried about isolating myself and never leaving one room ? If anyone has any experience with this it would be much appreciated
Idk which programme you're on but if it's any consolation I'm not a big drinker either (I'm in my final year of undergrad and got a place on BM4) but in my experience people don't care - if they do then they aren't worth spending time with anyway. At university people (sometimes) start to act like adults and therefore aren't so shallow as to have a go at you for not wanting to drink. Be yourself and stick to your guns and you'll end up with the right people!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (427)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (525)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (228)
5.98%
Loneliness (319)
8.37%
Financial worries (141)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (149)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (217)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (358)
9.39%

Watched Threads